Please do not waste the scarce programming time allocated to HD to fiddling with color-coding. The following should be done instead:
- Increase the likelihood of being fired proportional to the baseline prestige of the school.
- Make D1 coaches that get fired still be eligible for similar D1 jobs and consider giving them a parting credit (~$1.50)
- Once at D1, make the jobs process look back somewhat shorter than 10 seasons or give more weight to recent success.
- The game retains Coach v. Coach historical data, but it is not displayed except immediately before the game. Add a screen or search tool to make coach v. coach and team v. team data searchable. It would be nice to add home-away stats to this also.
- Make it possible to recall/save prior searches (just like the simleague baseball search function). That way when I navigate away from a search I wouldn't have to re-enter all the search data.
- Create a preset check-the-box function that will automatically send a coach call to everyone in your recruiting summary on the first cycle. (That way if you have dinner or work through that short cycle, you still have made contact with recruits).
- Do not generate players that are initially Low-Low in Stamina. That would correct a glitch in player improvement.
- Review my suggestions for a "Player Roles Scouting Trip" tool. Being able to tell your Asst. Coach to look for certain attribute potential more than others, would vastly improve the scouting function. As long as you do cap the chances of receiving any particular category and put a floor on the other categories (and IQ response), then it would not change the game.
Thank you for considering any of these.