I really goofed Topic

Just wanted to point something out that I did so everyone can laugh at me and remember the cautionary tale so you don't do it yourself.

I absent-mindedly chose and paid for the FSS for the states that I would have wanted to recruit for my other team in another world.  And those states are a good 1500 miles away from the team that I actually purchased them for.  This is at D3, and I had 9 scholarships to fill.  Not exactly a spot where I had money to burn.  

I should be fired.  :)
4/27/2014 9:38 PM
On the contrary, if you have 9 scholarships to fill and are trying a build a team up from nothing you probably should be promising starts like candy. You should be signing multiple guys for only a start and scholly anyway, and no matter how far away they are that only costs $110.
4/27/2014 10:07 PM
Ouch, lol
4/27/2014 10:15 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 4/27/2014 10:08:00 PM (view original):
On the contrary, if you have 9 scholarships to fill and are trying a build a team up from nothing you probably should be promising starts like candy. You should be signing multiple guys for only a start and scholly anyway, and no matter how far away they are that only costs $110.
This. All day. 
4/27/2014 11:55 PM
And, I did do that.  But, it was still a stupid and costly mistake.
4/28/2014 8:28 AM
Did you find any gems in the rough in those states?
4/28/2014 10:18 AM
I tried.  Pretty much all of the pulldowns I went for from those states denied me.  So, I ended up recruiting close to home.
4/28/2014 11:12 AM
You shouldn't have tried pulldowns in those states, but looked for normal recruiting opportunities with lower initial ratings but a bunch of potential, then retrieved them via the promised start method.
4/28/2014 11:14 AM
Never did this but I have another cautionary tale, where I once scouted all my normal states but it was a season where I had 0 openings, so I just threw away a couple grand of carry over. I was at D2 at the time.
4/28/2014 11:15 AM
Posted by kmasonbx on 4/28/2014 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Never did this but I have another cautionary tale, where I once scouted all my normal states but it was a season where I had 0 openings, so I just threw away a couple grand of carry over. I was at D2 at the time.
I was a click away from doing this a season ago. 
4/28/2014 12:24 PM
I really goofed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.