alright... im going to try my best to capture the essence of the answers to the follow up questions outlined earlier.
here are the questions to seble with his answers and all - i didn't just post the whole tickets, its harder to follow, i took the relevant parts and grouped them by issue:
1) (CBG) are players averaged in the zone just for the purpose of defense, or also, for rebounding? on the defensive side, does the averaging together include IQ, and does it extend to steals and fouls?
1) (seble) No, rebounding is an individual-based decision, not a team-based decision. That means that each player is factored in independently. The only zone impact is that playing a zone will increase the odds for each offensive player to get a rebound.
2) (CBG) are there different kinds of two point shots? the questions has often been debated if all 2s are figured using the same equations, or if there are in the paint type 2 point shots, and mid range jumper type 2 point shots - or is it something else, like a smooth gradient across the gamut of 2 point shots?
2) (seble) Yes, there are basically two types - mid-range shots and paint shots. They are calculated differently, where mid-range shots factor in the perimeter rating along with the low post rating.
2) (CBG) do guards and bigs take both kinds of 2 point shots?
2) (seble) Yes, shot distributions depend on ratio of perimeter to low post. Higher perimeter rating compared to low post leads to more mid-range 2's, and the opposite is true for higher low post.
3) (CBG) based on this answer, how do the different groupings of players in the zone tie into defending particular kinds of shots? for example, we were all very surprised about the center being figured alone in the 2-3 (although we all agree its realistic and like the idea). is he merely calculated differently, and then averaged in with the sf/pf? or does the center defend in the paint type 2 pointers by himself, while the sf/pf are responsible for jump shot type 2 pointers? or is it some combination, like the center might be half the weight for the paint type shots, and the sf/pf the other half? presumably the perimeter players don't just guard 3s, do they also have a role in defending 2s?
3) (CBG) I am going to have to paraphrase here, rather that just quote seble directly. I might include some of his comments directly, I'll make that clear either way. I thought I had more time but this ended up going on for 5 pages of back and forths and now the kids are screaming, so I'll edit later with the rest of it.