Minor addition I'd like to see Topic

When redshirting a player, I would like to be able to make him promises regarding the next season; the attractiveness of the promises should factor in to whether he accepts the redshirt without an enormous drop in WE.

For example, on my team I have a guy who will be a sophomore next season.  For class-balancing purposes, it would be great if he takes a redshirt next season.  From his point of view, he will get to start for three seasons if he does (as opposed to being a minor role player next season before starting in his last two years).  So it would be nice to be able to redshirt him this season while promising him a starting spot in the following season, which would take away the sting of redshirting as a sophomore and thus persuade him to accept it without the big WE drop.

This is a pretty minor addition (I know there are more important things to be done in the long term), but it strikes me as spectacularly easy to code.

5/4/2014 1:40 PM
WIS has always shied away from this type of promise.   If you were to leave the school at the end of this season, the new coach might not want to start the player.  WIS would have to include in the programming that the promised start is cancelled if a new coach takes over
5/4/2014 2:07 PM
There is something like that in the football game. You can promise a start as a sophomore in recruiting.
5/4/2014 4:45 PM
I would love to be able to tell sophomores they'll be starting their junior and senior season so they don't get all pissy when theyre getting 6 minutes a game as a soph with a senior starting in front of them.

On one team i redshirted a 90 work ethic guy his soph season and took the 70 point drop just to avoid this.
5/4/2014 5:48 PM
Minor addition I'd like to see Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.