How long does it take for schools to get back to you apply to a new job. Threw my hat into jobs I knew I wouldnt get and got instantly denied but 2 are floating out there that I was "qualified" for. How long does it typically take? the entire job search time? a day?

I looked on the FAQ but couldn't find an anwser
5/10/2014 3:34 PM
It varies from job to job.  I haven't noticed enough of a pattern to tell you how long it takes.
5/10/2014 4:03 PM
Believe first day you won't hear back with a yes, so roughly early AM day 2 (if you're qualified).  you can be denied pretty quickly though.
5/10/2014 4:29 PM
Ya lol, I was denied in minutes, I threw my hat at some D1 teams just for fun and they booted me so fast :D
5/10/2014 4:30 PM
Once the jobs period starts at midnight on day 1, it takes until the 2:00 AM cycle on day 2 for the first job changes to go down.  The only other action before that period is at 2 AM on day 1 the coaches who didn't renew get removed, so a couple more jobs open up.
5/10/2014 4:48 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 5/10/2014 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Ya lol, I was denied in minutes, I threw my hat at some D1 teams just for fun and they booted me so fast :D
if a school won't accept you if you are the only applicant, you get rejected immediately. if you apply to a school who would accept you as the only applicant, then you don't get a response immediately. rather, there is a waiting period of some sort (nobody knows exactly how it works, except that nobody can be accepted on the first day of jobs), to allow coaches to see the opening, and to apply to it, so that the "best" coach can get the job. every cycle, the game looks at the different schools with applications, and decides if any of them are ready to be decided - if so, those decisions get made (and the coaches get the jobs). otherwise, you won't get a response yet, maybe it could be next cycle, maybe not.

the general rule of thumb i'd use is, no jobs taken on the first day, and after the first day, its roughly 12-24 hours from the time a job opens up, until any coach can get the job. 
5/10/2014 5:50 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.