WALTER JOHNSON - 1 team left - FREE SEASON CONTEST Topic

Hello all,

We have just recently rolled over in Walter Johnson (formerly Sharkey's World), and are looking for owners to take on open teams. We are a fun, laid-back world with limited rules (see below). We also offer a $25 WiS GC prize (FREE SEASON) to the new owner who shows the largest win increase from the previous season (as well as two $5 GC prizes for the second and third highest totals). Available teams are listed in the next post.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks!

League Rules:

1. Minimum Win Requirement: 50/110/180.   

2. Limitation of owner relocation  Owners may only relocate their team once every seven seasons. Owners wishing to stay after replacing another owner mid-season will be allowed to move their team the season following their replacement season without having it count towards this rule. This rule would take effect after rollover in Season 20, therefore moves made at the start of Season 20 will not count towards this rule.  

3. New Owner Incentive (effective Season 22): A $25 WiS GC (FREE SEASON) will be awarded to the "rookie" owner in their respective "rookie" season who has the largest improvement in win total from the previous season. "Rookie" owners are considered owners who have newly joined Walter Johnson and who have not had a team in Walter Johnson during the preceding three seasons. Should an owner take over a team they have previously owned at any point in Walter Johnson history, they will be disqualified from receiving the award. Should a winning new owner be unqualified to win the award (either previously owning the team they manage or previously owning any Walter Johnson team three seasons prior), the next highest total will win the award. Should there be no winners (including 100% retention from previous season), 50% of the award will roll into the Commissioner's Award and 50% will roll over into the next season's New Owner Incentive. Mid-season replacements will be disqualified from winning the award in the season they replace, but should they buy-in for the next season, their 1st buy-in season will count as their "rookie" season.  

8/20/2014 10:28 AM (edited)
Available Teams

NL East - Former New York (85-78) - 20th pick in the Draft - Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile

8/22/2014 8:04 AM (edited)
best league in all of HBD. Check us out!!
6/6/2014 11:05 AM
Really fun world. Take a look and join our group!!
6/21/2014 10:09 PM
I'll take the old Boise team if still available
7/22/2014 1:36 PM
I would like the Trenton squad if available.
7/23/2014 3:26 PM
We're filling up. Take a look at the franchises available, there are still some good options depending on what type of team you'd like.
8/15/2014 1:19 AM
Just one more owner!!! Please join us and let's start another fun season.
8/23/2014 9:49 AM
I'll take it
8/23/2014 5:12 PM
I'm game. Is it still available?

8/23/2014 9:22 PM
WALTER JOHNSON - 1 team left - FREE SEASON CONTEST Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.