2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

OKC or the Spurs
6/30/2014 11:23 AM
Why would OKC want Gasol when they have Kendrick Perkins?

7/1/2014 12:12 AM
is that a serious question?
7/1/2014 7:50 AM
No
7/1/2014 10:08 AM
ok good (couldn't really tell what was going on in the GIF)
7/1/2014 8:59 PM
Posted by felonius on 6/30/2014 11:23:00 AM (view original):
OKC or the Spurs
If this is about Pau Gasol, he probably would help either team immensely, if he can play somewhat like he used to in the past while meshing into the team. The question for Spurs would be that while Gasol can give them another run for the title next year, he is not a young player, thus might Spurs be better off getting someone younger who can grow with other young players Spurs have? Or is it better to go for the Title now and worry about long term future later?
7/4/2014 1:23 AM

the Spurs don't seem to care about age

7/4/2014 10:57 AM
No surprises yet, as none of the big dominoes having left their teams. Rumors everywhere about Carmelo and the Miami 3 going elsewhere, but I won't believe they go somewhere else until they're holding up their new jersey.
7/5/2014 8:09 PM
everyone is waiting for The Decision 2
7/5/2014 8:33 PM
Finally LeBron chooses... and goes to Cleveland. He says in his letter that "It's not about the roster", which is bogus. If Cleveland was that dumpster fire like it was when he left, he wouldn't be going back. If he would have gone back to Miami they would have been worse than last season, and they'd have to some how figure out between Bosh and Wade who's going to take the paycut. Their big signing was Josh McRoberts, for crissakes.

So LeBron goes to Cleveland to be hero... and he goes to the best option available, especially if they can throw whatever at Minnesota for Kevin Love. They may get whatever LeBron clingers out there, Ray Allen, Chris Andersen, Mike Miller, etc.

This starts the dominoes. Bosh will likely go to Houston, which has to gut every role player on the roster to pay him. Carmelo gets his choice of Knicks or Bulls still. Kevin Love rumors heat up, I think the Cavs make it work, and I laugh at the GSW for not including Klay Thompson in a deal for him.

Miami becomes a team that fits in with the rest of filth in the East. It's old Wade (who'll get max money now), Haslem, Norris Cole, McRoberts. They have plenty of cash, but if they spend the money this year it'll be an overpay for mid level guys. I laugh at them going through hoops to get Shabazz Napier because LeBron said he liked him on twitter.

I'm just glad the wheels are turning now.
7/11/2014 1:26 PM
Chris Bosh re-signs with the Heat at max money. Wade will likely get the max as well. That'll make them 1st round fodder, and that's assuming Wade doesn't miss another 20+ games.

Houston loses out and they ended up giving away Lin and a 1st rounder for nothing to the Lakers. They also get to pay $15M/year for Chandler Parsons if/when they match the Mavericks offer.

Dallas will probably kick the tires on Lance Stephenson or go after Paul Pierce. They miss out on all their targets again.

All that money the Lakers had went to Jordan Hill, Nick Young, and taking on Jeremy Lin's contract for a year. Pau could leave as well. I could have sworn that some individuals on here were talking about how the Lakers were a prime destination. Ooops.
7/11/2014 7:44 PM
I think LeBron's decision was based on his desire to be liked and loved. He knew Miami's roster wouldn't be good enough and I seriously doubt he looked at Cleveland's roster and thought it was any better. So it boils down to, which decision helps his image and he believed it was Cleveland.

Does Cleveland get Love? I just don't see it. What are they offering to make it happen? A locker room cancer like Dion Waiters? I think this could cause Golden State to panic and make a deal, but all in all I think Flip will try to keep Love and resign him.

What are Cleveland's chances of winning? A lot of Cleveland's success is going to depend on the maturity and progression of Wiggins. IF they get Love, they can give any team in the West a run, if they don't they're not winning anything.

It will be interesting to see if Carmelo signs with Bulls. Bulls become favorites in East, even though that isn't saying much, if they do sign Melo and don't lose Gibson.

7/11/2014 10:21 PM
Wiggins has to in the deal. For Minnesota, 5 years of Wiggins is better than 1 year of Kevin Love. Minnesota would also get their pick of whoever else they like on the team and/or some of the stockpile of draft picks.
7/12/2014 11:25 AM
Minny can't get  a better offer than Wiggins, but they probably won't take it and will drag this Love thing out forever.

Big win-win for everyone, which means it won't likely happen.

7/12/2014 1:39 PM
While all the experts on this site think Minny accepting Wiggins for Love is a no-brainer, they are ignoring the fact that Cleveland has said there is no way they would part with Wiggins to get Love.
7/12/2014 2:17 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.