2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 7/17/2014 3:00:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty sure all of the listed players were traded.   It would be different with LeBron as he would have fled via FA each time.
Moses signed as a FA with the 76ers (although Houston was given some compensation) and signed as a FA with Atlanta.  Shaq signed as a FA with LA and basically forced a trade out of LA.
7/17/2014 6:42 PM
"now Steve Nash did go to the Suns as a free agent but that was before he blossomed and there may be more examples of that scenario (where an FA blossoms in a new environment and turns into a star)"
Chauncey Billups went from no all star appearances to 5 after signing as a FA with Detroit.  Mutombo was a 5 time AS after signing with ATL as a FA (although he did have 3 in DEN) and Gilbert Arenas made 3 after signing as a FA with WAS.
7/17/2014 6:51 PM
Tracy McGrady was a sign-and-trade to the Magic and became a star. He was given max money though, so it quite come out of nowhere.
7/17/2014 9:54 PM

Looks like the Cavs have said they'd move Wiggins for Love. 

7/18/2014 9:03 AM
I don't know if I believe it.

They might. Or maybe Minnie wants that out so they can get Klay. I think the Wolves would rather take Lee .. Klay and Barnes and try to be better now.
7/18/2014 9:10 AM
I don't see Irving .. Waiters.. Love and Andy as a championship level squad around Lebron. Can they guard anyone?
7/18/2014 9:12 AM
Posted by logain on 7/18/2014 9:10:00 AM (view original):
I don't know if I believe it.

They might. Or maybe Minnie wants that out so they can get Klay. I think the Wolves would rather take Lee .. Klay and Barnes and try to be better now.
GS would be idiots to give up all three of those guys for Love.  Just compare their line-up now to what it would be after that 3-1.  Current line-up much better, and of course, infinitely deeper. 
7/18/2014 1:00 PM

Why would Cleveland even whisper it if they weren't considering it?    Players love to be included in trade rumors that aren't even rumors.

7/18/2014 1:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/18/2014 1:53:00 PM (view original):

Why would Cleveland even whisper it if they weren't considering it?    Players love to be included in trade rumors that aren't even rumors.

Doesn't sound as though it was Cleveland.  In fact, sounds like it was Minny, trying to drive up the price.
7/18/2014 3:21 PM
Flip Saunders "prefers" Klay to Andrew....surely just a ploy to get more from Cleveland
7/18/2014 5:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/18/2014 4:48:00 PM (view original):
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11229856/cleveland-cavaliers-willing-trade-andrew-wiggins-deal-kevin-love-minnesota-timberwolves
You're relying on ESPN?!  Seriously?  What's your 2nd option, the Star? 

Updating a previous report, The Cavaliers reportedly have not considered adding Andrew Wiggins to a deal that would net them Kevin Love.

There was an earlier report that the Cavs were willing to include Wiggins in a deal for Love, but now two people with knowledge of the situation are denying that report. It's been speculated that the Timberwolves were the ones who leaked the Wiggins rumor in an attempt to get the Warriors to up their offer and include Klay Thompson, and it seems that as one report comes out regarding Love’s future destination, the next report refutes it. Nothing is imminent.
7/18/2014 5:23 PM (edited)

ESPN has more sources than dipshits on WhatifSports.   Do you disagree?

7/18/2014 6:21 PM
The E in ESPN stands for Entertainment, and more and more, that seems to be their focus.  They seem to run "news" just to keep people talking.  Are they still more accurate than "dipshits" on WhatifSports?  Sure, but if other "sports" sources are reporting something different than ESPN (as in this case), I tend to believe the other sources, until it's proven one way or the other. 
7/19/2014 12:05 AM

ESPN wears me out by beating a topic to death(Tebow, Manziel, LeBron, Kobe) but, for the most part, they are pretty accurate.   Of course, they went back and forth on LeBron to Cleveland/Miami but that's the first place I heard anyone say "Cleveland, definitely."

That said, I think Wiggins is in play so maybe that influences who I believe.

I also think trading Wiggins would be dumb.

7/19/2014 8:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.