So, everyone is draft happy, again? Good. How about this...
Sign up to draft an exclusive TEAM. Not franchise, but team. This means there can be a Quebec Nordiques team and Colorado Avalanche team.
The draft will be 1 round. That's it. That simple. The draft will be random, as generated by an online random generator.
When an owner drafts their team, they also announce a five player protection list that remains exclusive. The caveat to that twist? The players protected MUST have played at least 5 full - repeat, FULL (meaning at least 75% GP with your team) - 5 full seasons with your team. You may only use the years that your protected players played on your team. For example, if I draft Ottawa Senators and protect Chara, then I can only use his Sens stats.
Each protected list can only be 2 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 goalie. That's it. No exceptions.
Now.... the rules!
1. Only three of your players can have 20+ SH% with 200+ SOG. All other players must be below 20% SH.
2. Only 5 of your players can have a DEF rating above 90.
3. SV% for all goalies must be BELOW 92.00.
4. All teams must have a goon! Meaning all teams must have at least 1 player playing at all times that has PIM of 250 or more.
5. All bench players must be between $1m- $1.5m in salary and play 40 games in the regular season. These cannot be your Goons are a part of any of the rules above.
Each round will have a 30 min window for each owner to draft. If an owner misses their slot or fails to proxy, then they forfeit that pick and can only draft at the end of that particular round (need owners that pay attention!) The draft will last 10 days.
Round 1: Team/5 Player Protected List
Round 2: D,LW
Round 3: D,C
Round 4: D,RW
Round 5: D,G
Round 6: LW,RW
Round 7: LW,C
Round 8: RW,C
Round 9: Bench,RW
Round 10: B,B
Good luck! Let's skate!
No Clones (obviously); No Injuries; Trades Allowed; No PI; No Shootout