Inter-World Cup II: Knockout Stages Topic

The tournament will be run through this website: Inter-World Cup II

Format
Each team will play a home and away series with each team in their group. (You will send and accept one challenge from each team in your group)

Rules
Advancing
In order to advance to the Round of 16, you will have to finish in the top half of your group.  3 points will be awarded for a win, 1 for a tie.  In the event that teams are tied, the following tie-breakers will be applied in order: goal differential, goals scored, head-to-head aggregate, time of possession from head-to-head aggregate

Forfeiture
If the game has not been scheduled within a week of me setting the schedule (Group Stage should be scheduled by July 12th, however, because I'll be out of town anyway).  The away team will receive a 3-0 victory as it will be assumed the home team did not send a challenge.  However, if the home to has sent a challenge in a timely manner and the away team has not accepted (and I am informed of this), the home team will receive the 3-0 victory.

Reporting Scores
It is the responsibility of the home team to report match scores to malhits98.  Please send the URL link to the game via site mail, so I can confirm the outcome.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. Good luck to all!
7/3/2014 6:05 PM (edited)
Just wanna say, amazing job on the site and thanks for making this game more fun.
6/30/2014 8:55 PM
I agree, well done.
7/2/2014 12:58 PM
Sucka Free, I need a challenge from you still. I've sent you a sitemail and got no response, so I'll send another and post here. I really would like to get this game in. Don't want a forfeit to happen! Thanks!
7/6/2014 2:13 PM
Slowly working through the score updates.  Hopefully the Round of 16 will be set by tomorrow afternoon
7/13/2014 1:53 AM
Sounds good. Are we doing Group A vs Group B and so on? 
7/13/2014 3:29 PM
Round of 16 all set! Please see the website for final Group Stage standings and Round of 16 matchups.  Remember, the tournament is home and away until the Final.
7/13/2014 3:41 PM
What's the tiebreaker if aggregate and away goals are even? I ask because my Amsterdam FC team waiting on the winner of Sault Michigan and GAGI3 and they tied on aggregate and on away goals, each team winning 2-1 at home. I'd like to get my next games scheduled soon as I'm letting one of my two GKs go at season's end and he's the one I usually turn to in important games.
7/21/2014 4:52 PM
Pairings to be posted tonight whether the website works or not.  Sorry for the delays all!
7/22/2014 12:08 PM
Commitments FC advance over Sporting Wichita with a 7-5 aggregate
Commitments FC will play Irish Football Club who advance with a 7-1 aggregate over Springfield Thunder
thebeast advance over Koblenz Lions with a time of possession tie-breaker of a 5-5 aggregate
thebeast will play FC Ammouliani Islanders who advance with a 6-5 aggregate over Bordeaux United
Amsterdam FC advance over FC Stolpen Steamroller with a 4-3 aggregate
Amsterdam FC will play GAGI3 who advance with a time of possession tie-breaker of a 3-3 aggregate over Sault Michigan Indians
Fußballverein Brasilien advance over MGR Tuffs with an 11-2 aggregate
Fußballverein Brasilien will play Futbol Club Independiente Barranquilla Colombiano who advance with a 7-5 aggregate over Manafchester United
7/22/2014 6:41 PM
Our reward for upending the defending champs is playing last edition's runner up? You're trying to kill me here, malhits! ;)
7/23/2014 3:35 PM
GAGI3, need a challenge from you as it is a home-and-home.
7/25/2014 4:31 PM
Quarterfinal result:  Ammouliani 2:0 Beasts;  Beasts 0:0 Ammouliani.  Ammouliani advances on 2-0 aggregate.
7/26/2014 8:16 AM
FC Ammouliani Islanders advance on a 2-0 aggregate over thebeast
Commitments FC advance on a 7-6 aggregate over Irish Football Club
Futbol Club Independiente Barranquilla Colombiano advance on a 6-4 aggregate over Fußballverein Brasilien
GAGI3 holds a 2-0 lead over Amsterdam FC with one leg yet to be played; goalscorer07 has until Friday to challenge or Amsterdam FC advance on a forfeit
7/27/2014 3:11 PM
Got the return leg scheduled and will be played on Wednesday!
7/27/2014 11:50 PM
12 Next ▸
Inter-World Cup II: Knockout Stages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.