All,

I know these two things have been discussed before, but I can't find them (they haven't been discussed often).

1. Are the sets that each junior college plays the same throughout worlds?

2. Does anyone remember the person or still have the file that recorded the sets the jucos played so you don't have to do the coach call before cycles that matter? I highly doubt I'm going to ever find this, but I am going to start one of my own (which will probably never reach full completion).

Thanks
7/4/2014 11:16 PM
yes. the sets are the same between worlds.
There's just over 500 total jucos used.  It only takes a few seasons to get the sets of a majority of them.
7/5/2014 3:48 PM
It's funny that you post this question.  My brother and I talked about this a few days ago when recruiting started in a certain world.  We even went as far as starting an excel sheet and have started compiling the names of the CC and listing what off/def that each of those run.  We weren't really sure if it was world specific or the same across all worlds.  We assumed it would be the same as it would be easier to code and you dont have human coaches to change it.  I had extra money leftover and decided to do a search for all juco's within 500 miles of my school and sent calls to the coaches to try and learn the schemes of each of those schools.  The issue i had with a few of them was i'd get a reply basically telling me theres not a snowballs chance in hell of me landing that recruit so i couldnt learn the off/def unless i sent out scouting visits (which i wont do b/c i'd like to carry over at least a little cash for FSS the following season).   That being said, we're working on a list but it may take a long time to actually complete it as we only have 25 of them so far.  If a person was willing to contribute to that study we'd welcome it with open arms and in turn share our data w/ the person helping out :)

7/5/2014 5:34 PM
Do high school sets remain constant from season to season?
7/5/2014 8:01 PM
my suggestion for the quickest way to get maximum set info:
1) export a list of all Jucos prior to recruiting.  City, State and then which Juco they attend. 
2) prior to the end of signing export a list of signed Jucos and the schools they signed with.
3) once the season begins find the Jucos on their new teams and check out the incoming IQ.

within 3-4 seasons you could have a list of 300-400.

this is from the list I use:
T M

Loch Sheldrake

NY

Sullivan County Community College

M Z-P Middletown NY

Orange County Community College

M Z Morrisville NY SUNY-Morrisville
7/5/2014 8:26 PM (edited)
Great suggestion nova.  My brother (he's better at PC stuff/excel than i am) also mentioned that as a possibility but it was already too late for our current season so we're going to give that a go next time we have a world rollover to the next season.  
7/5/2014 8:31 PM
thanks guys, I'm pretty much doing like pure and using the tons of extra recruiting cash I have to figure it out.

It wouldnt hurt to do it for high schools too, but god, that would be quite the huge database. Perhaps just in acritical states around your respective school.

In any event, perhaps we could work together on this. I am not as technical nova, but if theres a way I can get involved and you are interested in doing the project with me or could help me learn how, let me know. Same as for you pure.

Thanks
7/5/2014 9:00 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.