Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. I've just started playing again so I'm not sure of all the updates

The OL blocks as a unit and the DL works together as a unit. That being said if you have a three man front (3-4 or dime) does the average of the three compete against the average of the five man line? If that is the case would it not be smarter to use a 3 man front so you still have 8 men going against the offenses 6? Am I missing something here?

7/7/2014 11:22 AM
I think it would depend on how you have your linebacker assignments set up. If you assign 2 of your linebackers to the line, then you would have a total of 5 on the line, and 6 in the backfield - matching 1 to 1 with the offense.

And I don't know if it's really an average of the linemen's ratings, or a total of the linemen's ratings.
7/7/2014 1:46 PM
See I've always believed that it was an average. If it's a total then my 3 DL would never be able to get a sack on your 5 ol but that kind of thing happens.
7/7/2014 4:51 PM
i believe it is an average, but thatĀ there is a modifer that dependsĀ on the number or players each side has set to line or block.
7/7/2014 5:00 PM
The OL works as a unit, but the DL works as individuals.
7/8/2014 3:20 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=465022&TopicsTimeframe=30

Read this post. If you figure it all out, please share with me
7/8/2014 3:39 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.