New to DII. Can anyone help evaluate? Topic

Could someone please give me a rundown of my new team and tell me what I should primarily focus on? Are there any bums I need to rescind their scholly's? I'm wondering what kind of numbers (ratings-cores, etc.) I also need to recruit now. It looks like to even compete, 600's are the starting good numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Also wonder if I need to stick with wishbone or thinking about passing more in a pro-set.

On an aside, it's irritating that I spent 3 seasons building a DIII team and a brand new person comes in and takes over a school that an old-timer left and goes all the way to the playoffs and then they are moving on to DII after one season. I predict they will get it handed to them in DII as they just used what the guy before had.
7/8/2014 10:22 AM
Keep in mind that an over all rating of 600 doesnt really mean much.  Dont recruit by over all rating.  Recruit by the cores you need.  Your taking over a team that hasnt been very good so you will need some patience with them.  If I looked correctly you will only have 8 scholarships unless you cut a few of the bums and my guess is you can find a few to cut.  Me personally I wouldnt cut any of the current juniors.  You can live with them one more season.  I would look at Frosh and Sophs that might be really bad and get rid of them so they dont hang around for additional multiple seasons.  Also when looking at cutting a player possibly look at a position where you might have an extra player that is taking a roster spot.  You have 3 TE's on the roster.  If you stick with the wishbone you would need 3 or maybe 4 and not so many WR's.  If you switch to the Pro you probably only need 2 TE's.  You will have 3 underclass QB's.  There are far better coach's out there than me but sitemail me if you have any questions.
7/8/2014 11:06 AM
New to DII. Can anyone help evaluate? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.