$60m - Drive manager & Gm crazy! NEED 1 Topic

Welcome. 

7/22/2014 4:10 PM
As a heads up.... I will be offline Weds night through Sunday morning. 

I'm going coastal kayak fishing for the first time in my new kayak (NuCanoe Frontier). 

I'm hoping for red drum, speckled trout, and flounder.   I'll probably catch sea robbins, pinfish, and stingrays. 

But it will be fun. 
7/22/2014 4:12 PM
It will be fun to fish for some trout on your new kayak... one of my pastimes when life allows.   Anyhow,  I'm in and will even out the selections by taking an AL team, although I have not given this any thought.   Figure once I'm locked into what I'm locked into, my team will develop.    In the current league season, I'm struggling quite a bit with pitcher fatique so that may be something I want to consider this time around.  Could lead to poor performance from some very poor $/ip guys.  
7/22/2014 4:56 PM
Welcome. 

Glad to see another kayak fisherman. 
7/23/2014 8:32 AM
Is it possible to limit the number a guy is used in a league?  For example can you limit the number of 2012 Fernandez in your theme to say 2?  I am a bit concerned that the same guys will be overused even with the neat league set-up.  It may also help to promote early entry of your team.  Just asking, I am not as experienced as you.
7/23/2014 4:48 PM
Bump, as biglenr is away for next few days. 
7/24/2014 1:22 PM
AL, I'm in. Let us know how the fishing was! Just got home from vaca  where we caught a boatload of bass here in MI. 
7/25/2014 8:38 PM
Sunday bump.
7/27/2014 2:24 PM
bump. We catch salmon up here from our kayaks (Montana). Or at least we try.
7/28/2014 1:55 AM
the local reservoir near me has a limit of 50 salmon.
7/28/2014 1:56 AM

Bakc from fishing.... Will address league issues in next post.

Salmon would be nice.... Never caught one of them, they're not found in NC.  I'm a PA native, but I didn't start fishing until about 5 years ago. 

My luck.... wasn't good.  Hurricane Arthur apparently hit Bay River and Dawson's Creek pretty hard,... It hit north of there, but the nature of the hurricane winds (couther clockwise) meant that instead of a storm surge, they had much of the water pulled out of the creeks and rivers and put into the sounds and ocean.  This is a very protected area, screened from the ocean by the Outer Banks of NC, and a large sound.  The only saltwater inflow into the sound is the "Oregon Inlet"....

In short, most of the saltwater was drained into the sound 3 weeks ago, and the saltwater creeks I fish have been refilled with freshwater from creek flow and rain.  Salinity was very low, so most saltwater fish were in the open sound.... And I'm not doing 2-3 foot waves in a kayak to fish them. 

All I caught were 4 undersize flounder, a couple of undersized speckled trout, and a 5" pinfish that somehow got all of my 3" gulp shrimp and a jig head into it's mouth....  Broke off a couple of Gar (intentionally, I don't like dealing with their teeth).   And that's it.  My buddies did no better.  Not a keeper fish between us. 

Oh well.  Should be good when I go back in 8 weeks, barring another hurricane. 

7/28/2014 11:01 AM
League issues

- Welcome Polymerguy.  AL it is. 

- Diunc31 - There's no way for me to limit that, and it's kind of unfair (who is to say who the first guys who got player X are?).   I think it will turn out OK.  I've built a half dozen teams for each league when I researched the concept, and I found very few "obvious" pitchers to have.   I suspect we'll see a couple of players who will be used 6 times, but that's more "Name recognition" than talent driven, IMO.   So while I'd love to do that in theory.... In practice, I can't make it happen in a fair way. 

I'll build a team no later than Thursday of this week.  Very busy getting caught up after disappearing for half a week. 

7/28/2014 11:04 AM
I'm in - AL please. Good idea for a league!
7/28/2014 2:02 PM
Posted by biglenr on 7/28/2014 11:01:00 AM (view original):

Bakc from fishing.... Will address league issues in next post.

Salmon would be nice.... Never caught one of them, they're not found in NC.  I'm a PA native, but I didn't start fishing until about 5 years ago. 

My luck.... wasn't good.  Hurricane Arthur apparently hit Bay River and Dawson's Creek pretty hard,... It hit north of there, but the nature of the hurricane winds (couther clockwise) meant that instead of a storm surge, they had much of the water pulled out of the creeks and rivers and put into the sounds and ocean.  This is a very protected area, screened from the ocean by the Outer Banks of NC, and a large sound.  The only saltwater inflow into the sound is the "Oregon Inlet"....

In short, most of the saltwater was drained into the sound 3 weeks ago, and the saltwater creeks I fish have been refilled with freshwater from creek flow and rain.  Salinity was very low, so most saltwater fish were in the open sound.... And I'm not doing 2-3 foot waves in a kayak to fish them. 

All I caught were 4 undersize flounder, a couple of undersized speckled trout, and a 5" pinfish that somehow got all of my 3" gulp shrimp and a jig head into it's mouth....  Broke off a couple of Gar (intentionally, I don't like dealing with their teeth).   And that's it.  My buddies did no better.  Not a keeper fish between us. 

Oh well.  Should be good when I go back in 8 weeks, barring another hurricane. 

smart to stay out of the big swells and waves in the kayak... even with no keepers amongst you, at least you were out there getting some bites.  
7/28/2014 2:07 PM
I love salmon fishing! One of the things I miss after moving to SoCal from Western Washington. Used to fish the runs going into the Puget Sound. Would also catch rock cod, sole, perch, and flounder as well. Lot's of good memories from when my family and I lived there.
7/28/2014 2:33 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
$60m - Drive manager & Gm crazy! NEED 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.