I finally had a game where I gotta post, because, I'm at a loss.  Besides shooting poorly from the line, where did I go wrong?

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=10981667
8/6/2014 11:14 AM
best guess is your minutes or stamina settings, Your PF was exhausted most of the game and even hit DEEP RED at the end being very tired. He should of been off the floor 10 minutes earlier. Your gameplan looked fine but your players missed shots, could also be because of stamina and if they were tired or not although they appeared fine when given updates. Sometimes its just the luck of the draw, you also shot terrible from the FT line, 33 attempts with 63% is very no bueno.

It was a close loss and the teams are very balanced, you just had the bad draw. I'd look at past play by plays and see what your players look like at the end of the 1st and 2nd half and if you need to make adjustments to minutes/stamina settings.
8/6/2014 1:49 PM
As mentioned by bagger, stamina was a bit of a factor. I might have utilized Finney and Beaver more, set them to 0 distro. They may not have contributed, but I don't think they were that bad that they would've harmed your team either. It would've been beneficial, IMHO, because it would've given all of your players more rest and would've allowed them to be more efficient.

The other team ended up with 14 offensive rebounds and it appears that they capitalized on their second chance opportunities. Fatigue could've played a part.

Seems like you didn't really have a game plan with the player distribution. I probably would've attacked their weaker defensive players since they played a M2M.

8/6/2014 3:30 PM
One thing I did really like that you did, was set Hendrix's distribution to 0, making him a "true PG". I think by the start of his senior year, you'll have a very good guard that can drive/slash to the basket.
8/6/2014 3:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I'm just starting to learn good game planning (beyond: hmmmm, the other team does/does not shoot a lot of 3s). Yeah I can't figure out why the PF was left in, others hadn't fouled out or anything... Just weird.  Anyways Adrian continued his hot streak and knocked off a ranked Eureka to take his second conference championship in 3 years. 
8/7/2014 1:32 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.