Practice Plan in the Various Divisions Topic

I have been seeing posts where coaches have concerns about development of their players. So I'm starting another discussion about the practice plan, and the balance between formation time vs. player skill time. And how it might be different for the various divisions.

From the information I have gathered in the past, the formation ratings matter more in the upper divisions than in the lowers. So:

1. Globally, does player skill development always trump formation development?
2. In D-II (and D-III, but I think you have to follow the WIS defaults there), what should be the balance of total time spend in formations vs. total time in player skills? I have been using about 1/4 time in formations, and 3/4 time in player skills.
3. Likewise in the upper divisions. I have been roughly following about 1/3 time in formations and 2/3 time in player skills.
4. Conditioning - how much time do people put into this?
5. Hands - Some very successful owners have said they don't really look at Hands ratings. Agree?
6. Other questions/advice other owners have with the practice plan?
8/6/2014 7:34 PM
Practice Plan in the Various Divisions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.