Free agent salary asking price Topic

Does anyone know what determines free agent asking price? Is it ratings combined with performance or something else? I've seen some great players get locked in to long term deals at great prices and other scrubs demand way too much. Just trying to forecast how much guys might want in arb years and after.
8/9/2014 3:44 PM
I can't say for sure but my observation has been arbitration cases are determined by PT and performance while free agent asking prices based more on current ratings.
8/9/2014 7:32 PM
A free agent's initial asking price is purely derived by a player's overall rating.

Assuming the player has played full time in the previous season (> ~300 ABs), the arbitration demand is also determined by overall rating.
8/11/2014 1:16 PM
Free agent salary asking price Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.