RIP -- Kid That Tony Stewart Ran Over Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
If he's charged with criminal intent, he will have trouble with sponsorship.   That doesn't appear to be happening.   So, in all likelihood, it's a story until the next one comes along and that's it.
8/10/2014 6:31 AM
He accelerated and turned right into him!  Unbelievable!

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708

8/10/2014 3:01 PM
I watched it again and it appears Ward was used as a lever to move Stewart's car to the right.... and to take from Kahne, There is too much that Tony couldn't see.  I guess seeing out the right is difficult and it was night and Ward was wearing black.
8/11/2014 8:52 PM
Someone goes for a walk on a curve on the freeway wearing black at night to flip off cars.  HGWHD

8/11/2014 9:12 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 8/11/2014 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Someone goes for a walk on a curve on the freeway wearing black at night to flip off cars.  HGWHD

No.

He was the victim of his own bad decision; a bad decision like that doesn't "deserve" the death penalty, but it is a reasonable outcome of the risk he took....
8/12/2014 8:13 AM

Social Darwinism at it's finest.  Stupidity can often be fatal.

8/12/2014 8:47 AM
Typical overreaction on the internet.

STEWART MEANT TO KILL THAT GUY!!!!
THE STUPID KID GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HIM!!!!!

It's an unfortunate accident.   Hopefully, someone will learn something and it won't happen again.   A new rule, stopping drivers from standing on the track, should be put in place immediately.    If they do it anyway, suspend them 3-5 races, at any sanctioned race/track, and it will stop. 
8/12/2014 12:36 PM
Some dumb redneck kills another dumb redneck'' WHO CARES!!
8/13/2014 3:18 AM
Typical internet ******* response.
8/13/2014 7:56 AM
Clearly YOU care. Thanks for answering my question. And here I thought you had me on block
8/13/2014 1:21 PM
Actually, I don't really care.  People I don't know die every minute of the day.   If I took the time to care about all of them, I'd have no time for anything else.   But your "WHO CARES!!!"(lacking a question mark which is weird) is a typical internet ******* response because it's not necessary.   Do you feel obligated to tell us you don't care that some Iraqi just got killed?  That you don't care that the cops killed some teenager in STL(or wherever it was)?   Or do you care about those deaths?  Tell us which unknown dead body you care about.   I'm sure we all need to know.

You've never been blocked.   I just don't bother responding to your dumbassery.   I did this time because it fit the "theme" I'd started(Typical internet......)
8/13/2014 1:40 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/13/2014 4:51:00 PM (view original):
This isn't shocking by any means. Headline is pretty much, "Dead kid's dad angy at driver that ran over son". But with Stewart unlikely to be charged with anything, I think there's a 100% chance of a civil lawsuit that results in an "undisclosed amount" going to the family.

Ward Sr. also addressed that in his interview with the newspaper, saying: "The one person that knows what happened that night is possibly facing 10 years in prison. Is he going to say what he done?"
Yeah, he's starting to sound like he's never seen a race and is gearing up for a payoff.    Any sympathy felt for the family is going to disappear quickly.   Of course, most people prefer cold cash to sympathy so I'm sure he doesn't care.
8/14/2014 8:32 AM
RIP -- Kid That Tony Stewart Ran Over Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.