What Level to Play These Guys Topic

I've got 3 solid hitting prospects.  2nd and 3rd draft pick from last sesaon and a good IFA.  They are currently slated for Low A.  Problem is the low-A hitting coach will most likely be rated in the 40's.  (It's the last position to hire; there are 12 80s plus rated hitting coaches left, all desireing AAA jobs because the ML jobs are filled.  None will accept the $2M + I have left to offer, so I'm likely stuck with the dregs of the Lo A coaches).  Players are 19, 19, and 20.  Hitting coaches in Hi A, AA, and AAA are 64/66/84 respectively in their hitting coach ratings.

So where do these young guys play?
8/11/2014 11:53 AM

HiA.

8/11/2014 12:22 PM
I agree.
8/11/2014 12:26 PM
I might even go AA if I projected them to be on my BL team in their 3rd full season. 
8/11/2014 12:28 PM
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Don Miller maybe projects more to ML DH or RF and so he could perform just fine at AA if you are going to use him at catcher, or AAA if you are just going to use him at DH. He would be ready for ML DH much sooner than 3 years imo

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Carl Dalrymple should probably be a LF instead of a 2B... especially considering your FI is a 55 fielding... he's not going to improve quickly enough even if you force him.  Also, be aware of his 61 dur, try not to over-work him early on... his bat might honestly qualify him for ML right off the bat but the bigger picture suggests that he is easily qualified for AA this season

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Clyde Stein could probably be your ML Rf as early as 25 cycles into the season (arb clock) but I'm sure he's much better off in AAA for a full season + 25 cycles with an ETA of next season. I would get the idea out of your head that he's ever going to qualify at SS... similarly to the last guy, your FI is going to inhibit his development of glove and arm acc, and even with a 20 training budget he might not get to 80 range and 85 arm str... and similarly to the last guy, I would closely monitor his fatigue early on and give him plenty of days off to build his dur
8/11/2014 4:15 PM
It doesn't make sense to attempt to give such detailed advice without really understanding much about how the game works.
8/11/2014 10:31 PM
Or if you didn't evaluate the entire team.   Sometimes it doesn't matter when a guy is ready.   There might be two better players in front of him.
8/12/2014 6:58 AM
There are very few good players in the system.  I took over a very neglected franchise. 

BTW, there was never any "idea in my head" that I would play Stein at SS in the bigs.  I have been around long enough to understand that.  It was really more related to how much coaching has an influence (or a detriment if they're terrible). 

I had the guys in low A on the off chance I could scoop a good coach at the end of negotiations.  Once all the ML jobs are taken, it seems to me that if a guy is willing to take $240K to coach AAA, then he would be willing to take $2.4M to coach HiA or LoA.  Unfortunately that's not how the HBD logic works.  So I've advanced them all to High A for now (since there is not much of a difference in coaching between High A and AA in my system).  Since I did scoop one of those 84 rated ML coaches into AAA, that's what drove the question as to whether AAA would be appropriate for the young guys.
8/12/2014 7:26 AM
I have experienced no development problems with guys playing AAA for two seasons.    All depends on when you expect to call them up.
8/12/2014 8:41 AM
BTW Mike, I still think the idea of removing coaching demands completely would better equate to an open market on coaches.  Love that idea.  Would be one of the better fixes HBD could make.  Of course we'd have to go back a few years or more to when fixes were even a legit possibility.
8/12/2014 10:34 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't wait on that. 
8/12/2014 12:30 PM
What Level to Play These Guys Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.