Attn MikeT23 Topic

Posted by toddcommish on 8/19/2014 1:57:00 PM (view original):
I know Mikey asks for a lot of the abuse and the vitriol... 

But I don't need to go to a museum of Native American artifacts to know that it wouldn't be worth the trip.  Why would a museum of baseball artifacts be more compelling?  Most of the visual stuff from the HOF is available online (YouTube, MLB, ESPN) and is easily findable.  I'm not sure why seeing a ratty three-fingered glove or the pine-tar bat in person is much more emotionally satisfying than seeing a picture or video of the event.

I'd much rather see all of the MLB ballparks (and some MiLB) than the HOF.
Shhhhh.   They've never heard of the internet.   If you haven't been, you can't possibly know enough about it have an opinion.

8/19/2014 2:09 PM
Truth is, if the collection of dipshits around here defending the "big" HOF are any indication of the general consensus of baseball fans, no changes should be made.   More and more players should be added until the SOB is the size of Montana.

I don't think that catches the interest of today's individual but maybe that doesn't matter.   Maybe baseball should remain the same until eternity.  Or no one watches.
8/19/2014 2:12 PM
I prefer to think the nomars, seamars and rsp7s are simply going to call water "dry" if I say it's "wet" but maybe the vast majority of baseball fans don't think declining interest in baseball is a problem. 

After all, horse racing and boxing went into a decline and they're fine now, right?
8/19/2014 2:14 PM
I don't think you get it. People aren't arguing with you because you say, "baseball needs to make an effort to keep up/connect with younger fans/etc."

It's when you get to, "and reducing the size of the hall of fame is a good way to do it," that people start scratching their heads and wondering if maybe you've fallen and suffered a head injury.
8/19/2014 2:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/19/2014 2:14:00 PM (view original):
I prefer to think the nomars, seamars and rsp7s are simply going to call water "dry" if I say it's "wet" but maybe the vast majority of baseball fans don't think declining interest in baseball is a problem. 

After all, horse racing and boxing went into a decline and they're fine now, right?
Well, I'm walking right into this one, but look up how much title fights pay the participants and compare it to the money for major titles in any other sport.  Including UFC.  There's still a TON of money in boxing.  Same goes for horse racing.  The Breeder's Cup Classic has a $5 million purse, and numerous other horse races - in this country - are comfortably north of $1 million.
8/19/2014 2:30 PM
I've never been stranded in the desert but I think it's dry and that I'd get thirsty.   Do you agree?

Baseball is rolling in cash.   Not so much in interest.   There is always a breaking point.   You either get out in front of it or you become a niche' sport that the vast majority of sports fans ignore 362 days out of the year.
8/19/2014 2:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/19/2014 2:14:00 PM (view original):

You really have to get over yourself.  That's all.

8/19/2014 3:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Attn MikeT23 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.