D2 What's your strategy to pull down a good D1 Topic

Hello guys, have you pulled down a D1 while the recruit was still in D1 list? And what was your strategy? Do you need a reputation over C to be able to do it?
8/13/2014 1:19 PM
Just as a heads up, you'll definitely get more responses to questions like these if you post them over in the general HD forum.  They'll get a ton more views there than they will in the conference forum.

To answer your question, yes I've pulled down D1 players when coaching D2.  The general strategy is to identify players that give you a "backup" response to a phone call and then send enough scouting trips to pull them down.  It can really vary how many ST's it'll take, I usually start with 10 or so most times, sometimes higher if I really want the guy.  You'll often be able to tell in the ST emails if your pulldown is successful yet, otherwise sending a home visit along with the ST's can give you that info.  If the HV gets rejected, you still need to send more ST's to pull him down.

Your reputation will affect which D1 players are available to you.  Again, sending phone calls to D1 guys is the cheap way to find out if you can pull them down or not.
8/14/2014 4:55 PM
D2 What's your strategy to pull down a good D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.