Most frustrating player improvement to watch over 4 seasons?

8/14/2014 1:19 PM
Rogelio agreed to take a redshirt as a sophomore with an 8 WE.  Wasn't really sure it was worth doing, but I left it on right up until I completely barfed on my own shoes this recruiting session at Washington St.  [Rogelio would like to thank to Texas A&M, Michigan, Air Force &, especially, Utah for making him a sophomore starter.]  We'll see how he does just living on the court.  Here are the color-codes: 

9/14/2014 1:41 PM
Brief update: REB turned from black to blue at 56.  He's getting 27 minutes a game after 5, no movement on WE yet.  This guys potentials alone, even taking WE as 8, would put him over 900.  Painful.
9/19/2014 9:22 AM
Start of Season 3 for Rogelio.  Not interested in the redshirt this season.  Here's a list of that galling potential: 

Maybe this is the season that he gets that big WE boost from starting?!

10/17/2014 12:29 PM
Start of the Final season for Rogelio.   He will get all the minutes he can handle and more.  Not sure it will make much difference.

11/18/2014 11:01 AM (edited)
A final word on Rogelio.  It would be tough avoid signing a player with as much potential as this guy, given that his ATH started in the 90s, but that initial 7 WE rating is a killer.  I almost had him set to redshirt his Sophomore season, but needed him to play.  With only an 8 WE, redshirting that season may not have made much difference.  He added 12 points of WE and 117 points overall, but left at least 164 points of improvement on the table (ignoring any more WE improvement!).

Performance-wise, with his persistently low stamina, he was not as effective as he should have been.  Perhaps he would have done better going to a rebuilding low D1 school where he could have started every game of his freshman season as well, but, more likely, he really just needed to start with something like a 18 or 20 WE to get anywhere near fulfilling his potential. 

12/8/2014 10:57 AM
Here's John Brown.  He started with a 1 WE, but his caps might have been absolute max on cores for a C.  It took him over 100 starts to move from an F to a B+ in IQ and I don't recall him being an idiot, just a lazy S.O.B. 

4/9/2015 3:22 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.