I've lost track of how many times I've submitted a ticket on this issue over the past year or year and a half, but my only conclusion is WIS couldn't care less.  The end of half clock management is horrible.  Most recent debacle, my 9-3 Iowa team is hosting 12-0 #1 ranked OSU.  Game is tied at 14 in the 2nd quarter, and Iowa drives down into OSU's redzone.  With 1:20 to go Iowa has 1st down at OSU 15 yard line. All 3 time outs.  Iowa lets 26 seconds run off the clock and runs for 5 yards, lets 30 seconds run off the clock and runs for 1 yard down to the 9 yard line, and then lets the last 24 seconds run off the clock. No timeouts used.  No field goal attempt. Nothing. My game plan for this situation is to neither run clock nor conserve clock, because this engine will not allow you to game plan for a tie game pinned deep in your own territory vs. a tie game in your opponent's red zone with an excellent opportunity to score.  To not even attempt a field goal is ridiculous, and to say the clock ran out on the play (they haven't said that, I'm just anticipating), would be similarly ridiculous.  A one yard running play does not take 24 seconds.

Every ticket gets the same response.  Thanks for pointing this out.  It's on our list.  Etc. Etc.  They don't care. It's unrealistic, it's frustrating, and there's nothing you can do about it.  It's NOT on their list.  If it was, it would be done by now. 

2/23/2015 3:05 AM
You wouldn't think it would be hard to do, but maybe the program logic can't figure out where on the field you are when it comes to clock management. I do feel GD has taken a back seat to the other games, but they did say they are working on some updates.
2/23/2015 4:49 AM
They advertise a product then wont take care of their customers. I really don't get why they do this and agree they just don't care.
2/23/2015 7:07 AM
The title of this thread is 100% accurate and has been true for quite some time.
I would be more satisfied if they would just answer in a timely manner "we don't know the answer". They also need to provide an update at least once a week, maybe a Q & A session. I would be shocked it they ever did though.
2/23/2015 1:38 PM
I think the big issue us that no one "owns" this game at WIS. I don't have any inside info, but it feels like they have tech guys that work across WIS/Fox products, but no specific individual has accountability to improve GD. It's likely managed off the side of ones desk, at best.

It's kind of a shame. They could probably hire some junior programmer, let em loose and if he/she has a passion for this game, they could do wonders. It baffles me why WIS has no desire to interact with its paying customers and then they wonder why worlds are declining. So much potential, if they only had a clue about the power of customer service.
2/23/2015 10:16 PM
Wis doesn't care. You know who else doesn't care? Honey badger.
2/23/2015 10:26 PM
Well, on the bright side I noticed your team is now 10-3.  At least you won the game. 
2/24/2015 10:00 AM
Yeah - the end of game logic isn't the same as end of half, or I would've run the clock out without attempting the game winning field goal.
2/24/2015 2:07 PM
Posted by hawkfan1992 on 2/24/2015 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Yeah - the end of game logic isn't the same as end of half, or I would've run the clock out without attempting the game winning field goal.
2nd half gameplay is just ridonkulous compared to the first half.
2/25/2015 8:40 AM
Agree 100%
2/25/2015 10:22 AM
I'm shocked that in February, 2015 "WIS doesn't care" is a subject line that can even generate conversation.  Haven't we known this for at least 3-4 years?
3/1/2015 4:03 AM
As people come and go, the new generation comes to the same realization as the old one.
3/1/2015 9:39 AM
As people come and go, the new generation comes to the same realization as the old one.
3/1/2015 9:39 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.