Posted by johnnyf on 2/26/2015 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/26/2015 4:20:00 PM (view original):
The only feedback to interpret are the very specific emails referencing who they are leaning towards. Nothing else matters. Don't make things too complicated for yourself.
Thats what I've been doing. "I'm leaning towards," "Just say the word," "Undecided," "want to look around" etc. 
That's what I'm saying you should ignore. On signing day, you'll get an email that indicates he favors you or someone else. The only other emails that matter are the ones where he indicated he has changed his mind. The "I'm close to making my decision and I'm leaning your way" or the " I'm pretty sure I'm headed somewhere else. " emails.
2/26/2015 4:40 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/26/2015 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by johnnyf on 2/26/2015 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/26/2015 4:20:00 PM (view original):
The only feedback to interpret are the very specific emails referencing who they are leaning towards. Nothing else matters. Don't make things too complicated for yourself.
Thats what I've been doing. "I'm leaning towards," "Just say the word," "Undecided," "want to look around" etc. 
That's what I'm saying you should ignore. On signing day, you'll get an email that indicates he favors you or someone else. The only other emails that matter are the ones where he indicated he has changed his mind. The "I'm close to making my decision and I'm leaning your way" or the " I'm pretty sure I'm headed somewhere else. " emails.
We're way past signing day with him. On signing day, I got "I'm leaning your way, but just need more time." Now he's alternating between "your program sounds like a perfect fit" and "keep in touch."  if it makes a difference, its a human team I'm going against for him(he's still yellow). 
2/26/2015 4:45 PM

if he is giving you the "im leaning your way" you are winning and will sign him unless your opponent puts more money into him.  If your opponent goes ahead, youll get a message saying "i wont rule you out yet, but i am pretty sure i am heading somewhere else" after which you can spend more to try to get back in the lead, when youll get the "im leaning your way" email again.

many coaches will not spend on a recruit after they get the message saying you are winning, unless they then get the message saying you are losing.  the ones that say "perfect fit" or "keep in touch" dont mean anything other than that youve sent them some recruiting action.  i have had plenty of times when i knew i was losing a battle and got the "you sound like the perfect fit" message.

2/26/2015 5:15 PM
Posted by loudawg10 on 2/26/2015 5:15:00 PM (view original):

if he is giving you the "im leaning your way" you are winning and will sign him unless your opponent puts more money into him.  If your opponent goes ahead, youll get a message saying "i wont rule you out yet, but i am pretty sure i am heading somewhere else" after which you can spend more to try to get back in the lead, when youll get the "im leaning your way" email again.

many coaches will not spend on a recruit after they get the message saying you are winning, unless they then get the message saying you are losing.  the ones that say "perfect fit" or "keep in touch" dont mean anything other than that youve sent them some recruiting action.  i have had plenty of times when i knew i was losing a battle and got the "you sound like the perfect fit" message.

Going through the messages Ive gotten, I'm losing. The last comment he's made on the offer was "Im thinking I would be better off somewhere else, but won't rule you out."  Thanks. 
2/26/2015 5:22 PM
Yeah that's the only message that matters until you get one that says he now favors you instead. Ignore any phone call or letter responses you might get.
2/26/2015 5:30 PM
Some good information. Question about wins. S1=12 wins, S2=12 wins, S3 =12 wins and your vision = 79. Then in S4 = 12 wins, S5 =12 wins. Vision stays at 79? Since I read it's based on a 3 season total?
2/26/2015 5:45 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/26/2015 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Yeah that's the only message that matters until you get one that says he now favors you instead. Ignore any phone call or letter responses you might get.
And like clockwork, he gives me "you're at the top of my list, but I need a little more time.." when I'm about to give up lol. 
2/26/2015 6:08 PM
Great news! Now hope your opponent is empty, but it could take a while to find out.
2/26/2015 6:13 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/26/2015 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Great news! Now hope your opponent is empty, but it could take a while to find out.
It only took the 31st CV sent to get him to flip lol. At this point, he's legally a member of the faculty whether he takes the scholarship or not. 
2/26/2015 6:15 PM
Posted by johnnyf on 2/26/2015 6:15:00 PM (view original):
It only took the 31st CV sent to get him to flip lol. At this point, he's legally a member of the faculty whether he takes the scholarship or not. 
I wouldn't tell your opponent that on the message board.
2/27/2015 6:02 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 2/27/2015 6:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by johnnyf on 2/26/2015 6:15:00 PM (view original):
I wouldn't tell your opponent that on the message board.
I said earlier in the thread that I wouldn't go into details in case he was reading. I wouldn't believe that number, but I did use a lot of them. 
2/27/2015 6:08 AM
Still trying to find the answer to this. Are three 12 win seasons the same as ten 12 win seasons in regards to recruiting vision?
2/27/2015 6:32 PM
From what I understand, vision is only affected by the 3 most recent seasons, with the most recent season being weighted a little bit more.
2/27/2015 6:49 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/26/2015 5:30:00 PM (view original):

99.9% of the time, I agree with hypnotoad.  But, a few cycles ago at D-II Missouri Western (Wilkinson), I was in a battle for a recruit.  We went back and forth before signing day, red one cycle, then green, then back to yellow, etc.  On signing day the guy was still yellow, but I offered a scholarship to see how I was doing.  I got the "leaning your way" response.  A few cycles later, I got the "better off somewhere else" response.  I got him back leaning my way, then the other coach got him back.  At that point I had very little $$ left...not enough even for a CV.

I had a plan B guy green already and was pretty sure he wasn't going anywhere, so, I started sending plan A a phone call or two or three every cycle, just to use up what $$ I had left.  And then, one cycle, near the end of the recruiting period, he signed with me.  I never received a message saying he was "leaning my way" again.  I went back through messages and double-checked and I hadn't missed it.  It was never there.  One cycle he's leaning somewhere else, and the next cycle he signed with me.  So, somewhere in all the meaningless phone call responses, one of them actually meant something.

3/1/2015 3:57 AM
It could be, but I think I've had this situation before, and what happened was my competitor filled all their scholarships. If you have a big lead over anyone else and that happens (especially late in recruiting), I think the guy just signs with you without any more messaging or flirty emails.
3/1/2015 7:38 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.