Bug: you can see all of the IFA's at season start Topic

I am only sharing this as I suspect several other savvy owners are also aware of this bug and use it to their advantage.

The IFA's are generated at the beginning of the season. Once the first IFA appears, you can then use that player's ID to view all of the IFA's that you will be able to see that season.

It's definitely an advantage that can be exploited. For instance, if a really good IFA shows up, an owner might decide not to overbid in hopes that a better IFA will show up later on down the road. If you know he's the best you will see that season, you have no problems spending your entire budget.

Here's how it works.

When the first IFA appears, copy and paste the link to his profile into a new browser window. Then add 1 to the player ID. If you get an error message, it means that your scouts couldn't see that IFA. Keep going until you reach the end of the pool (usually 200 or so).
3/2/2015 3:57 PM
Wow.

Do they show up in order? I mean, will the one with the next highest number be the next to appear, and so on?

This could change everything in the IFA market.
3/2/2015 4:18 PM
Posted by arcticlegend on 3/2/2015 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Wow.

Do they show up in order? I mean, will the one with the next highest number be the next to appear, and so on?

This could change everything in the IFA market.
Fairly close, yes.
3/2/2015 4:20 PM
Just tried this with the only team I have still in-season, extending the ID 30 separate times. Not one player showed up that hadn't been created. Even though my int'l budget is $10mil, one should have shown up if this is true.
3/2/2015 4:30 PM
There was a similar bug with HS/College players back in the day.   I believe they were listed in order of projected overall rating rather than randomly assigned.   I don't doubt this works.
3/2/2015 4:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/2/2015 4:45:00 PM (view original):
There was a similar bug with HS/College players back in the day.   I believe they were listed in order of projected overall rating rather than randomly assigned.   I don't doubt this works.
That wouldn't necessarily provide an advantage though, would it? As in, everyone gets to see the draftees at the same time. If Joe B has the highest ID# (and thus highest projected OVR) but I didn't scout him, I can't magically move him up my draft board. 

This bug implies that all international free agents are created at once and placed in an imaginary pool that you can only see by changing the ID numbers. Maybe I'm the only one, but I've always thought int'l were created the day the first email gets sent out letting you know that your scouts have found one. Obviously if this bug holds up, I've been wrong.
3/2/2015 4:49 PM
Holy crap. I tried it. Seems to work for me. Total game changer.
3/2/2015 4:58 PM
Posted by frymaster99 on 3/2/2015 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Just tried this with the only team I have still in-season, extending the ID 30 separate times. Not one player showed up that hadn't been created. Even though my int'l budget is $10mil, one should have shown up if this is true.
If you are doing this in-season, you would need to go back and grab the ID of the first guy discovered by your agents.
3/2/2015 5:04 PM
Posted by mal247 on 3/2/2015 5:04:00 PM (view original):
If you are doing this in-season, you would need to go back and grab the ID of the first guy discovered by your agents.
First guy discovered or first guy actually signed? Because I have no clue who the first actual discovery was. Even so, the difference in ID #s between the first guy signed and the most recently signed guy is 72. So why wouldn't I be able to keep adding to the most recently signed guy's ID to see the future ones?
3/2/2015 5:08 PM
Posted by frymaster99 on 3/2/2015 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mal247 on 3/2/2015 5:04:00 PM (view original):
First guy discovered or first guy actually signed? Because I have no clue who the first actual discovery was. Even so, the difference in ID #s between the first guy signed and the most recently signed guy is 72. So why wouldn't I be able to keep adding to the most recently signed guy's ID to see the future ones?
First guy discovered, although if you are in-season I imagine you could also manipulate the ID's backwards as well as forwards.

I have 15mm in scouting and I believe the longest gap in player ID's that I experienced was 8 or 9.
3/2/2015 5:10 PM
I did randomized numbers after the last guy too and eventually ended up getting players that are in a totally different world. 
3/2/2015 5:17 PM
It works... They need to fix it ASAP.. 
3/2/2015 5:26 PM
Glad you spilled the beans.. This type of bug is horrible for the game.. 
3/2/2015 5:27 PM
I tried this in one world, and I went forward about 10 numbers. The ones I found had full projections listed, as if I had scouted them. But there were three or four that didn't come up - I just got an error message. Are these the players that my scouts are destined to miss?
3/2/2015 5:29 PM
Posted by frymaster99 on 3/2/2015 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/2/2015 4:45:00 PM (view original):
That wouldn't necessarily provide an advantage though, would it? As in, everyone gets to see the draftees at the same time. If Joe B has the highest ID# (and thus highest projected OVR) but I didn't scout him, I can't magically move him up my draft board. 

This bug implies that all international free agents are created at once and placed in an imaginary pool that you can only see by changing the ID numbers. Maybe I'm the only one, but I've always thought int'l were created the day the first email gets sent out letting you know that your scouts have found one. Obviously if this bug holds up, I've been wrong.
Yes.  It would tell you which players is deemed the best regardless of your scouting.
3/2/2015 5:32 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Bug: you can see all of the IFA's at season start Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.