Knight simmed at 5pm? I'm confused Topic

So who won in round two that didn't win the first time it was played?
3/27/2015 3:06 AM
In D3, none of the FF teams lost.
3/27/2015 5:43 AM
I don't have any skin in this game (no Knight team this cycle), but am wondering if anything will be done for team prestige and coaching vacancies?
I see Seble said they'd issue credits for teams who had a worse result on the re-run, which seems the appropriate thing to do.
But its not just credits that are lost.  The team prestige won't be as high if you go out earlier, which affects recruiting, and coach reputation won't be as high which would affect new job possibilities.

Is there any way to manually award team prestige and coach reputation points to teams that had worse results on re-run?
3/27/2015 1:25 PM
Only one of the Final Four teams in D3 made it the 2nd go round.
3/27/2015 2:11 PM
I mentioned yesterday and sent a ticket last night about teams not advancing as far the second go round receiving not just credits but the prestige bump associated with their wins as well. Haven't heard back yet, this is the million dollar question...
3/27/2015 2:41 PM
I believe NYU beat N. Park this time round.
Greensboro beat Pomona Pitzer this time 
Drew beat US coast guard this time as well as beating Roger Williams who beat US Coast Guard last time

I believe the F4 was Colorado v. Roger Williams and Pomona Pitzer v. North Park with Colorado and PP playing in the NC

and now it is Colorado v. Drew and NYU v. Greensboro.

Drew benefitted the best now in the F4 when previously they lost in the S16.

Pomona Pitzer got the worst as before they were in the NC game and this time lost in the E8
3/27/2015 3:42 PM
Looks like the people that cried the most gained the most...anyone for 2 out of 3? What a joke.
3/27/2015 4:08 PM
Nobody's crying more than you are.
3/27/2015 4:30 PM
Yeah, the teams who won the first time in the game no one game planned really have  a bone to pick.
3/27/2015 5:44 PM
Just give everyone who won then lost a full free season ...

I mean, if it was JUST the first game that ran early .. the one everyone had an extra day to plan for, then sure just keep that one game.

But the fact that it then ran 2 more without game planning just can't be ignored.  I still think rerunning it was the only real option.

3/28/2015 9:22 AM
Frankly, I'd rather have the recruiting cash my conference racked up the first time around, but that's just me, and not at all practical.  For what it's worth, both D2 finalists previously lost in the S16.

I agree that rerunning it was the only real option.
3/28/2015 10:59 AM
If the entire NT had been simmed at once -- all 6 games in one cycle -- the winner of such a debacle could not possibly believe they deserved to win it.  I hope we all agree on that.  And simming 2 games in one cycle, both when they shouldn't have been simmed yet at all, is just a smaller version of that.  I think it's pretty obvious that simming it again was necessary, exactly as it was done.  Giving people credits is just a way of soothing the emotional pain, and I'm all for that, but in no sense does anyone deserve extra prestige or any other in-game bonuses for games they shouldn't have won because they never should have been simmed in the first place.  

Now if someone would just go back and resim last season's Knight D3 championship game, I'd be a happy man.  

3/28/2015 3:32 PM
Posted by dukenilnil on 3/27/2015 1:25:00 PM (view original):
I don't have any skin in this game (no Knight team this cycle), but am wondering if anything will be done for team prestige and coaching vacancies?
I see Seble said they'd issue credits for teams who had a worse result on the re-run, which seems the appropriate thing to do.
But its not just credits that are lost.  The team prestige won't be as high if you go out earlier, which affects recruiting, and coach reputation won't be as high which would affect new job possibilities.

Is there any way to manually award team prestige and coach reputation points to teams that had worse results on re-run?
I sent a Ticket 2 days ago asking the same questions. Still haven't heard anything.
3/28/2015 8:22 PM
I don't understand why people think they should be rewarded for games they won accidentally. Maybe they have case for the s16 but beyond that it ridiculous, IMO, to think you earned anything.
3/29/2015 12:51 PM
Doesn't affect me, but if you are going to use that logic, they should at least do 2 out of 3 to make it fair since you got to see your opponents game plan, then adjusted,  and then won. That's as equally unfair if not even more!!! At least the fist time it was equally blind. You got a free pass and took advantage of it, why should the people who originally won and then got screwed after you got to adjust your game-plan have that same opportunity??? It's easy for you to agree when you benefited from the outcome!!!
3/29/2015 6:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Knight simmed at 5pm? I'm confused Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.