Big Recruiting Change Camp ?? Topic

I am in Camp Div 2. We started our recruiting today. Was wondering if something had changed after the down time. Out of the top 50 recruits at each position (no kickers) =400 recruits. Out of those 400 there are only 14 Undecided ?? Every other recruit is contested with Sims. Seems unusual, unless I am missing something
3/27/2015 3:24 PM
Most if not all of the recruits will have SIMS on them. Only because the SIMS have first go at them. Hours before real life coaches are aloud to start recruiting.
3/27/2015 3:44 PM
There's no D1A level QB or OLmen in Camp that aren't considering SIMs. There's 3 DLmen undecided(there were 0 last recruiting cycle). It happens. 
3/27/2015 3:47 PM
Posted by johnnyf on 3/27/2015 3:47:00 PM (view original):
There's no D1A level QB or OLmen in Camp that aren't considering SIMs. There's 3 DLmen undecided(there were 0 last recruiting cycle). It happens. 
I can live with "It happens". Just that I haven't experienced it before. Live and learn.
3/27/2015 4:23 PM
Posted by soupyjoe on 3/27/2015 4:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by johnnyf on 3/27/2015 3:47:00 PM (view original):
I can live with "It happens". Just that I haven't experienced it before. Live and learn.
At least you have a day to go through the recruits and pick your fights.  
3/27/2015 6:17 PM
Is this your first season in D2?
3/27/2015 11:18 PM
Posted by soupyjoe on 3/27/2015 3:24:00 PM (view original):
I am in Camp Div 2. We started our recruiting today. Was wondering if something had changed after the down time. Out of the top 50 recruits at each position (no kickers) =400 recruits. Out of those 400 there are only 14 Undecided ?? Every other recruit is contested with Sims. Seems unusual, unless I am missing something
Those top 50 in each position are those within YOUR vision. I can gaurantee that the top teams in Camp DII are looking at all undecideds that the vision of lower teams cannot see. DII has the most variance for vision of any other division. (D1AA has good variance in vision, but it is no treat to get top vison and spend your recruiting time against the D1A teams.)
3/28/2015 1:20 AM (edited)
It seems to me that the shear number of SIM coached teams has had an impact in recruiting. Both in fewer undecideds to start the cycle and in turn greater competition for the few good available players. Personally, I find it to be an exciting challenge to outwork another coach for the best guys!!    

You have at least one D2 cycle under your belt with my old SRUP team in Bryant. I know the competition in that area can be brutal!! I would advise developing a good strategy for those battles you will inevitably face. Good luck getting those Rockets to fly!!

3/28/2015 1:28 AM
Posted by throdabonz on 3/28/2015 1:28:00 AM (view original):
It seems to me that the shear number of SIM coached teams has had an impact in recruiting. Both in fewer undecideds to start the cycle and in turn greater competition for the few good available players. Personally, I find it to be an exciting challenge to outwork another coach for the best guys!!    

You have at least one D2 cycle under your belt with my old SRUP team in Bryant. I know the competition in that area can be brutal!! I would advise developing a good strategy for those battles you will inevitably face. Good luck getting those Rockets to fly!!

You recruited a good team at SRUP.  I only got 9 wins but the schedule you set up ended as the #1 SOS in the league.

I think you nailed it about the amount of SIM teams. There are only 156 human teams. I bet that is it
3/28/2015 10:31 AM
Big Recruiting Change Camp ?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.