C- One star prospect Topic

This question is for experienced D1 coaches. At C-, can I expect to be able to recruit a One-star prospect?

Thanks.
4/18/2015 9:17 AM
Yes. But like recruiting at any other level, look at the guy's potentials. There are tons of guys that will develop into better players that are 0 stars than 1, 2, and 3 star recruits.
4/18/2015 10:36 AM
At C-, I would expect that you could probably recruit up to a 3 star straight up.  A 4 star may or may not list you as a back-up.  I would suspect a 5 start would be out of range and even if he wasn't, you probably don't want to be battling the higher prestige schools that are certain to come after him.

After thinking about it as I was typing, some 3 stars may list you as back-ups while some I would think could be recruited immediately.  A simple phone call to the coach will let you know the answer to that though.

4/18/2015 12:21 PM
Just got home and looked at my D1 notes.  You should also be able to recruit 2-stars right off the bat as well.  Not sure about 3 star recruits.  At C+, 4-star recruits will list you as backups.  So I'm guessing no one better than a 3-star will talk to you.

And as Emy implied, any 3-star or better worth a damn will likely go to a BCS school, so tread lightly.  
4/18/2015 2:36 PM
Yeah. I just wanted to know but Darnoc, your info is gold for me. It helps me not waste time and be prudent on upcoming battles.

Thank you both Emy and Darnoc.
4/18/2015 3:34 PM
Sure, you can, but it'll be pretty hard to sign someone with no scholarships open!
4/18/2015 9:24 PM
I am thinking of waiving a player.
4/18/2015 10:13 PM
You know you won't get any extra cash if you do that, right? Whatever you have now--any carryover + the one NT game bonus--is all you'll have.
4/18/2015 11:55 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 4/18/2015 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Just got home and looked at my D1 notes.  You should also be able to recruit 2-stars right off the bat as well.  Not sure about 3 star recruits.  At C+, 4-star recruits will list you as backups.  So I'm guessing no one better than a 3-star will talk to you.

And as Emy implied, any 3-star or better worth a damn will likely go to a BCS school, so tread lightly.  
this sounds about right to me. a B prestige school can still have backups these days, the bar went up from the old days so to speak - i think emys figures are a little high, maybe they are just a little out of date?
4/19/2015 2:58 AM
I tested it and Emy is right. I can pull all two stars, and they can come from everywhere. I can pull mid-end, low-end three stars close to the campus, 500 miles Under. I was going for a three stars player but once I started the job, three teams... a BCS one showed up. Since I had no money, I let the player go.

I will be a lot more competitive now, there are solid two and three stars players. If I can win a battle or two, I should improve again.
4/21/2015 7:52 AM
C- One star prospect Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.