My turn for evals. I will start once 2nd round (or 2nd player) picks are made.

*****I will update as the teams evolve.. Updates will be in 
blue and final evals will be in red 
4/23/2015 8:39 AM (edited)
dh555- Wilt Chamberlin, Kobe Bryant, Anthony Mason, Kyrie Irving, Michael Smith, Jim Les, Larry Smith

Well Dh555 got WIlt, no surprise on what he was doing when he traded the first round pick.  With Kobe you have your scorer, now I think (I would of) he was hoping for someone different but Kobe gives you a lot.  And between them they have 34% assist, which does give DH a little flexibility

A little baffled by the Mason think there where better options out there but now he has 51% assist between the 3, low fouls plus the get to the line a ton.  We will see what DH has planned

Very efficient scoring and with all the assists it's OK to put 14-15 Kyrie at PG.  Has a total of 80% assists in the starting line up, low fouls and gets to the line.  Defense is a little low but that's OK on ODL.  JIm Les and Larry Smith are nice backup role players.  How can I go against DH's Wilt team?

Prediction: Division Winner

98average- Lebron James, Robert Parish, Rudy Gobert, Ken Faried, Jason Terry, Derek Rose, Rudy Gay

If I had to declare a winner now I think this would be the team. Lebron is a no-brainer but the Parish/Gobert pairing is nasty.  Great D and blocks, I'm assuming 98 is using the 27% usage season so he has high fouls but with Lebron that evens it out.  Gobert the new stud rebounder added to the SIM in 14-15.  Good rebounding, blocks shots with low fouls (as you can probably tell bks vs fouls is a big thing for me).  Now he can fill the roster with low usage role players

Ken Faried is a great rebounding SF with excellent eFG but (now this is just personal preference) I would of gotten a guy with a little more threes, assists and defense.  With the team you had I don't know if you needed that much rebounding with the team lacking in other areas.   Jason Terry is  great addition shoots 3's and plays a clean game

Not loving the last two picks, not sure how 98 is going to use them but Derrick Rose could be a team killer.  i think this is a good team and has some promise and the first 3 picks were fantastic.  But the next 4 not so much.

Prediction: Makes Playoffs

amerk1180- Dwight Howard, Jerry West, Steve Nash, Bo Outlaw, Bob Pettit, Kosta Koufos, Earl Watson

Amerk knows he picked Dwight early so with that being said it doesn't hurt him that much.  But even though there has been a run on PG I think its too early for Jerry West.  Plenty of better players on the board.  Nash is an incredible efficient player but very low D.  Not thrilled so far

So this is the master plan? Bob Pettit? lol And while this is not Smokey Bill Bridges pick this pretty much sinks the team but let's see what amerk does in the 6th

Nothing is going to save Amerk from Bon Petit.  Earl Watson is a nice back up and Kosta is OK.  I was kind waiting to see if Amerk would come to his senses and draft a starting forward in the 6th round, guess not

Prediction: Misses Playoffs

jkaye24- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Tyson Chandler, Horace Grant, Ray Allen. Jamal Tinsley, Art Williams, Nate Williams

The best scoring center in the SIM Kareem is and with Tyson Chandler you get another good rebounder.  Lots to be done here, need to pick up another scorer, assists, threes so we will see how this goes

I can believe Ho Grant is dropping into the 3rd round these days, so jkaye gets a steal there.  From there its gets a little iffy. You took Ray Allen but boxed yourself in a corner but trying to cover him defensively with Tinsley and then have to take Art Williams.  Don't understand the Nate Williams pick at all. Great start but not so good finish.

cjok1051- DeAndre Jordan, Alonzo Mourning, Chauncey Billups, James Harden, Muggsy Bogues, Nerlens Noel, Bruce Bowen

The run on PG is making the great low post players draft lower more and more.  Two great pick up by cjok, won two championships with Zo, so love him in the SIM.   And now a great rebounder in DeAndre.  You taken care of the rebounding but watch the fouls here..

Love Billups and Harden on there own but togther with Mourning and now you may have a usage problem.  16.5 usage points between the 4 players with one to go. Now I've seen team be successful in spite of this but it does make it harder to have a winning team.

Bogues in the 5th round?  Unsure why that was necessary and it appears that Noel is going to be your starting SF.  I think you said your using the 14-15 Harden, so kind of a untested player to be your lead scorer.  And I think you could have too much usage depending on which Billups you use. I think there are more negatives than positives

uptownbv- Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade, Buck Williams, Mark Eaton, Connie Hawkins, Andre Miller, Brendan Haywood

Wow scary backcourt.. you don't need anymore scoring. Lots of great things about the pairing but I'll point out a couple negatives. First your taking shots away from Jordan, he's not even your primary scorer on this team. It may not matter because there are a lot of positives.  Secondly,  this is a very expensive backcourt for ODL. Typically you find your cost savings in the backcourt, now your going to have to be very cost conscious with your next 5 picks.  But if he finds the right role players, this could be the team to beat

Great now uptown get Buck Williams who slides to the back half of the 4th round. Team just got a little scarier but also about $27m in payroll in 3 players..

I think uptown had a great start with the first 3 picks but at the same time he priced himself out.  And in the end (IMO of course) he made one really bad pick out of 4 which is Hawkins.  I think he a great SIM player but really ill fitting for this team.  You needed someone inexpensive and had some threes, he is neither.  And now his bench is going to be dreadful. There are fixes he could make but the Andre Miller pick doesn't help the cause.  

copernicus- Moses Malone, Donyell Marshall, Deron Williams, Emeka Okafor, Doug Christie, Carlos Boozer, Nate Robinson

Moses is a bit of a mystery to me, since the last change in the SIM he has not one a championship in DH or ODL.  Correct me if i'm wrong.  Could it be his high TOV%?  If so Donyell is a perfect compliment with his extremely low TOV%.  Plus he can shoot three, play defense and rebound.  The best of his type in the SIM

If coper is using the most expensive Moses this team is seriously lacking usage. If he's using one of the higher usage Moses then I don't like Moses being your primary scorer.  Deron, Okafor and Christie are great additions and may get this team barely in the playoffs but that's about it.  Let's see what the 6th round brings

According to Coper he's going to have 12.5 usage points, to me that is a little low but there is some good talent on the roster.  Boozer is a good pick and has several seasons to use, Nate will back Deron well. I don't think this team will win the championship but they will make the playoffs

Prediction: Make Playoffs

carbonjones- Shaquille O'Neil, Shawn Marion, Mookie Blaylock, Nate McMillian, Kris Humphries, Mike Miller, Brent Price

Sometimes Shaq doesn't get the love he deserves in the SIM, I would rate him as 2nd best scoring center behind Kareem.  Shawn Marion is a super role player that gives carbon some flexibility with those two great season.  Looking good so far

Tough to eval this team because not sure what McMillian, Marion or Mookie carbon is using but if I had to guess it would be the scoring Marion and the less usage Mookie. Either way this is a good team with Shaq scoring and very low TOs.  Humphries is a great pickup 

A good team Carbon had put together bring two high eFG off the bench with Miller and Price.  Great all around team well balanced

jhsukow- Stephen Curry, Dikembe Mutombo, Serge Ibaka, Mel Daniels, Hassan Whiteside, Danny Green, Brandon Knight

Great season by Curry again and with the 72 defense I think he deserves a first round pick  .  Just not sure yet if it should before Paul and Stockton, only reason is I need to see how this season plays in the SIM.  Plus Curry is short minutes so the back ups are going to be important.  Dikemebe is a nice addition but need to see more. 

Its going to be the Steph Curry show with the 3 rebounders.   Lots like like but again its all a short minute Steph Curry on offense and that's it.  What is jhukow going to do next?

Sill no scoring expect for Curry in the starting lineup and his back up is Brandon Knight?  And Hassan Whiteside, yes awesome 1100 minutes but he belongs in the 6th round becuase he can't start with those short minutes.

jt7king- Karl Malone. Marcus Camby, Klay Thompson, Gerald Wallace, Mark Jackson. Micheal Redd, Anderson Varejao

Malone one of the stud top 10 scorers and Camby who I really like.  He may have a little low of Oreb (they both do) but he has defense, blocks and low fouls which (in my opinion) are very important in the SIM.  Yes they are both under 10% Oreb but it's about the total rebounding so as long as the Dreb remains high than normal jt7 should have a good team.

Love the frontcourt of this team Gerald Wallace is a nice pickup but not liking the backcourt.  Klay Thompson has some positives and surprised to see the D at 83 but really low rebounding numbers and Mark Jackson is an OK player.  This still could be a playoff team but thought JT had better options than Thompson and Jackson

JT 6th round picks are staples of the draft leagues with Redd and Varejao.  Another solid team, is a little light on the Oreb but Dreb is very good.  Team should make it into the playoffs but don't think it's going to go far after getting in

scudmissle- David Robinson, Julius Erving, Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Andre Iguodala, Andre Blatche, Micheal Cooper

Here's two 100D guys.  Robinson is a great scorer but a little low in the rebounding department but that can be easily remedied.  Dr J another great scorer but no threes again easily remedied.  Let's see what scud does next

Wow really interesting team, it could be dominate is scud can afford and decent bench.  I'm assuming Scud is using the higher assist Frazier and the 19% assist Iguodala and the high eFG Erving.  You going to need some 3's off the bench and the TOs are high but the positives with great D, rebounding and efficient scoring should propel this team far

robocoach- Chris Paul, Andre Drummond, Bobby Jones, Clyde Drexler, Rasheed Wallace, Chris Andersen, George Hill

Chris Paul is the best scoring PG in the SIM and Drummond had a stud 14-15 season.  Still surprised to see Drummond D is low as it is though.. So two 14-15 players, will robo make it 3?

Robo goes old school with Bobby Jones and gets a steal in Drexler.  Rasheed is a player I've looked at many times but never pulled the trigger because there was always someone better. This team to me is borderline  playoffs, they have good rebounding, assists but foul a lot and don't take many foul shots.  Your lead scorer is Drexler (unless you using a different Chris Paul than 14-15) I like Drexler as a 2nd or 3rd option.  

eleibowitz- Kevin Durant, Ben Wallace, Andrei Kirilenko, Terrel Brandon, Wes Unsel, Carnelo Anthony, Goran Dragic

Felt Durant was the last high usage, high eFG available, so I took him.  Saw that Rodman was available but again think rebounding is not at a premium anymore. But with that being said how in the world did Ben Wallace get into the 2nd round.  I had to do that trade.  He's not just rebounding, he's has defense, blocks and low fouls. So now I need to get another scorer and some role players and this could be a good team  

Grabbing Kirilenko the bottom of the 3rd round is a steal these days, he does it all with a very clean game. Who cares if he's 48.5% eFG because if I can get enough assists and get a little lucky Kirilenko could play at a 52% eFG and now I have a great team.  My 2nd scorer is Terrel  Brandon eFG is a little low but he gets to the line and plays a very clean game.  Unsel I believe is a steal, he's usually in the 3rd or 4th rounds.  What's good about him he has 5 usable seasons from $7.7m-$6.7m.  Gives me a lot of flexibility.  Liking this team a lot.

jcred5- Dennis Rodman, Hakeem Olajuwon, Gary Payton, Jose Calderon, Dreymond Green, JR Smith, Javale McGee

Jcred got Rodman at 15, truly a great value but I would of gone a different way with the 2nd pick,  I guess with the rebounding he can afford a lower eFG but the fouls and TOs Hakeem brings coupled with Rodman's which is not that great either.  You going to have a challenge getting this into a winning roster

ysw128- Tim Duncan, Elton Brand, Derek Harper, Maurice Cheeks, Tree Rollins, Troy Murphy, Michael Beasley

So will it be a 100 D and 99 D players or is ysw taking the shorter minute Duncan?  Either way this a good start and looking forward to seeing what ysw does next with the team

bds9992- Anfernee Hardaway, Terry Porter, Marquez Johnson, Pau Gasol, Dave Cowens, Joe Dumars, Marquis Daniels

Love Penny he's just a winning player in the SIM.  Love Porter as well, with the emphasis on assists not surprised he's now in the 2nd round.  But together, even though I say rebounding is not as important you still need some.  bds is going to have to find some in the latter rounds, more scoring as well

So bds is taking somewhat a contrarian view on big men and interestingly enough he falls into the new trend on WIS basketball.   Maybe bds can evolve into my favorite contrarian Natenoy, miss that crazy bastard.  Anyways nice pick up in Marquez he definitely fills a need with a clean game.  The Pau pick I'm not sure about because not sure which Pau is being used.  So we will have to see..

thomcat- Charles Barkley, Oscar Robertson, Andrew Bogut, Clifford Ray, Paul Pressey, Jeff Hornecek, Charlie Edge

Love Charles not a fan of Oscar especially in ODL.  Just think he's a lot of money for not that much in return.  Defense is kind of low between the two as well.  So is Chuck playing SF or PF?  Can evaluate more once I know that

fryedluke- Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing, Joakim Noah, Rajon Rondo, Kyle Korver, Boris Diaw, Anthony Morrow

Is this Cjok?  Could he be a subversive operator trying to win by making bad trades? We are watching you!  Anyways, regardless of the terms of the trade fry has done a real nice job of putting this team together.  You don't even need PG depending on what Larry Bird he chooses with Noah's assists.  Ewing is a good efficient scorer similar to Mourning but with more fouls and less D.  Great job so far

slymonium- Scottie Pippen, Manu Ginobli, Shawn Kemp, Charlie Ward, Roy Tarpley. Kenny Anderson, Al Horford

Sly goes with Pippen at the SF again, rebounding is not at a premium like it used to be.  Sly proved that with his awesome team in the last ODL.  Love the Manu pick nasty pair on the wings

seapilots- Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett, Larry Sanders, Kawhi Leonard, Dirk Nowitzki. Nick Batum, Leon Powe

I like the Kidd pick and was not a fan of Garnett but after losing to him in the DH52 finals I have a new respect.  A nice paring, high assists and very clean.

benhoidal- John Stockton, Kevin McHale, Tracey McGrady, Tom Boerwinkle, Jamario Moon. Chris Mullin. Jon Barry

Great paring, both have super high eFG and Stockton gives you pretty much all the assists you need.  McHale gives you a scorer with 60% eFG and defense.  There's a lot more work to be done here but its a great start

93% Assists in the starting line, if this doesn't pump up McGrady's eFG I don't know what will.  Acceptable rebounding and good defense.  Overall I think this team is going to go far, someone's eFG should outperform their numbers and propel this team forward.

Prediction: Division Winner

mikee1- Artis Gilmore, Magic Johnson, Jerry Lucas, Chris Webber, Ryan Anderson, Jordan Farmar, Wesley Person

Artis Gilmore a stud down low but just never picked him myself.  Always think there's a better option with him but that could be just me.  With Magic mikee gets tons of flexibility, great rebounding and assist plus a good scorer.  There has been a premium on assists lately and Magic will help with that.

I truly think this could be a good team but I don't know how this team is being put togther, it costs too much.  So I need some direction here from Mikee.  

Got my direction, this is an awesome team if 17,200 minutes is all is needed.  With the player's Mikee is using he only has $1.4m left for the bench.  There is going to be some all-time crappy players coming off the pine for Mikee's team.  But I think it will be enough to get him in the playoffs but he's probably not going to go far

Prediction: 1st round playoffs

thohoops- Bob McAdoo, Bill Walton, Larry Nance, Brent Barry, John Henson, Dick McGuire, Kevin Love

Recent history has McAdoo being a first round pick, I'm not sold on that.  Think there are better players to be had in the 1st round.  Walton a 2nd round staple in ODL challenge is finding a good backup.

Nance and Barry are great pickups in rounds 3 and 4 but now no D in the backcourt.  John Henson looks like a panic pick don't understand, I think he backing up Nance?  Dick Mcguire is actually not bad pickup, have to remember him for future drafts and not sure where Kevin Love fits either.  I think Robo is correct

banditone- Bill Russell, Anthony Davis, Mark Price, Vince Carter, Dale Ellis, Matt Bonner, Rodrique Beaubois

Good start by Banditone, Bill Russell great rounding with a lot of minutes but no 90 D (Maybe if I keep on saying this WIS will do something about this).  Anthony Davis a very good 14-15 season or will he use 13-14?

Bad ending by Banditone, Mark Price is a nice pick but the rest not so much.  Vince Carter (to me at least) is a last resort scorer if you really need one you pick hom up in the 6th,  Dale Ellis and Matt Bonner, meh

5/5/2015 6:50 AM (edited)
Reserved
4/19/2015 8:20 AM

I took Moses

4/19/2015 9:13 AM
Posted by copernicus on 4/19/2015 9:14:00 AM (view original):

I took Moses

Crap forgot carbonjones as well.. Fixed.
4/19/2015 10:18 AM (edited)
How the ODL has changed- well into the 1st and every single pick is at least 20+ % usage and 52+ % efg.

In football or baseball drafts you can reap huge dividends being contrarian-for example, if 11 RB's go in 1st you take a QB/WR instead. But in the basketball Sim you can actually force everybody to frenzy on the top efg\usage guys, because if you don't get one you got problems.
4/19/2015 10:17 AM
Rodman going #14 is new. I don't recall him going that low and gives that team a chance to build a very nice squad with a potentially better 2nd round pairing than normal
4/19/2015 7:44 PM
i think it effects more than rodman... these other 2 guys that are normally drafted earlier... these owners will also be in that same boat as jcred. this is an interesting draft so far
4/19/2015 8:06 PM
Posted by robocoach on 4/19/2015 10:17:00 AM (view original):
How the ODL has changed- well into the 1st and every single pick is at least 20+ % usage and 52+ % efg.

In football or baseball drafts you can reap huge dividends being contrarian-for example, if 11 RB's go in 1st you take a QB/WR instead. But in the basketball Sim you can actually force everybody to frenzy on the top efg\usage guys, because if you don't get one you got problems.
I think that's where the 1st round is going for sure and what i had in mind.  but I was too tempted with Rodman sitting there at 14. 
4/19/2015 8:39 PM
still plenty of usg out there...cant wait to see who you guys leave me to pair with wilt
4/19/2015 8:41 PM
Leibowitz, hello. It's me and Sir Charles. Let us in.
4/20/2015 8:41 AM
Posted by thomcat on 4/20/2015 8:41:00 AM (view original):
Leibowitz, hello. It's me and Sir Charles. Let us in.
lol apparently I suck at making lists.. Fixed
4/20/2015 10:15 AM (edited)
Very tough decision for me at that pick- I almost passed on Magic. Gifts for the next 3.
4/20/2015 1:14 PM
I don't think it is too too early for Porter. Premium PG's are hard to come by. Maybe a little early, but he is a lot of offensive efficiency for very little money- makes it easier to build the rest of your team.
4/20/2015 10:26 PM
Posted by robocoach on 4/20/2015 10:26:00 PM (view original):
I don't think it is too too early for Porter. Premium PG's are hard to come by. Maybe a little early, but he is a lot of offensive efficiency for very little money- makes it easier to build the rest of your team.
Neither do I.
4/20/2015 10:29 PM
123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.