Does Klay have Enough Ast and Reb to warrant a pick here? Interesting to see how it plays out.
4/22/2015 4:12 PM
Not even sure jkaye.
The combination of 3s and defense is pretty nasty though. And I have 27% ast coming out of my front court, so with a decent PG I should be fine.
4/22/2015 4:17 PM
No doubt - I do love the 84 Def. I see another player who is similar but gets drafted later. But Klay really did have a nice year.
4/22/2015 4:21 PM
Posted by jkaye24 on 4/22/2015 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Does Klay have Enough Ast and Reb to warrant a pick here? Interesting to see how it plays out.
Yes. Those are real weaknesses, but can be addressed later
4/22/2015 4:27 PM
Bird
Ewing
Noah

I really like the value based on where they were selected with Ewing/Noah!
4/22/2015 9:21 PM
Your squad is looking pretty good so far
4/22/2015 9:43 PM
Great evals Leebo!  I usually don't read them all (just my team) but I did with yours.  I woulda drafted West later, but my whole strategy this draft was based on him.  You'll see why later.  And if you aren't thrilled so far, wait til you see my 5th round pick!  LOL, I may be banned from future ODL's lol.  It's all part of my grand plan though--you'll see....eventually.
4/22/2015 10:04 PM
since we're halfway through the 3rd round, I figure I might as well share my philosophy: there's no clear advantage in having Karl vs. D-Rob, Shaq vs. Kareem, Moses vs. Alonzo Mourning vs. Patrick Ewing, etc. Sure, there are small advantages in certain areas, but for the most part it's paint scoring, paint scoring, paint scoring. Not being able to get one of the top big men, I decided I'd rather be strongest at other positions, i.e. PG and SG. Plus, efficient scorers are harder to find at guard, so I figured that if I had those, I'd have an advantage over the larger number of teams that didn't. There's a good scoring distribution between Penny, Terry, and Marques (Penny scores mostly in the paint, Marques scores half in the paint & half in the midrange, Porter scores a third of his points in each area). I think I'll probably get killed by the teams with Bill Russell and Wilt.....two games out of five, but I have some plans for my 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders. I'm definitely a WIS novice, but I figure it's the only way to have an advantage without a 1st tier big man.
4/22/2015 10:34 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 4/22/2015 10:34:00 PM (view original):
since we're halfway through the 3rd round, I figure I might as well share my philosophy: there's no clear advantage in having Karl vs. D-Rob, Shaq vs. Kareem, Moses vs. Alonzo Mourning vs. Patrick Ewing, etc. Sure, there are small advantages in certain areas, but for the most part it's paint scoring, paint scoring, paint scoring. Not being able to get one of the top big men, I decided I'd rather be strongest at other positions, i.e. PG and SG. Plus, efficient scorers are harder to find at guard, so I figured that if I had those, I'd have an advantage over the larger number of teams that didn't. There's a good scoring distribution between Penny, Terry, and Marques (Penny scores mostly in the paint, Marques scores half in the paint & half in the midrange, Porter scores a third of his points in each area). I think I'll probably get killed by the teams with Bill Russell and Wilt.....two games out of five, but I have some plans for my 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders. I'm definitely a WIS novice, but I figure it's the only way to have an advantage without a 1st tier big man.
Solid reasoning bds.  I thought Porter was a little early, but that could be just because I was hoping he might still be out there for one of my next two picks lol.  There are some great rebounders to be had in the 4th and 5th but you sacrifice D with many of them.  

Hey, if you want to practice more drafts, we still have one spot open in my NBA Decade Draft League--the 50's and 60's.  I'd love to have you!
4/22/2015 10:41 PM
The big thing about Porter was the 41% 3-pt shooting on 339 attempts. I felt like I needed some diversity from Penny, who gets a big portion of his points from driving to the hole. Sort of Goran Dragic/Eric Bledsoe-ish, for those who follow the modern NBA. Combined, they have an eFG% of 56.4. I like that quite a bit.
4/22/2015 10:59 PM
Ok everyone has an eval now.  I will update as the teams evolve.. Updates will be in blue and final evals will be in red

4/23/2015 8:38 AM (edited)
Through 4 rounds, my team is exactly the same as last year except with Ginobili instead of Penny.  I won 67 games in the regular season, but lost in the conference finals to eventual champ eleibowitz.
4/23/2015 2:34 PM
I have always wanted to use Drexler in the ODL, but he always went earlier than I was willing to burn a pick on him. Finally got him in the right spot.

The best thing about my team is I have only spent 28.6 million on my 1st four players.
4/23/2015 8:41 PM
drob          10.0mil
erving         8.2 mil
frazier         7.2 mil
reed            8.5 mil

34 mil  good god!                

4/23/2015 8:49 PM
I like carbonjones's team. Shaq is pretty good with turnovers, Marion is a good compliment & would be sick at the 2 & Blaylock is a good rebounder/passer/defender with low usage.
4/23/2015 9:00 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.