In iguana's team IQ chart, he mentions you "go til you lose" for practice in the CT. Is this accurate? I will have to monitor it more closely, but I always thought all teams practiced until the end of the CT. After all, some teams will be in the NT or PIT even if they lose and will need to keep practicing. And since you don't know for sure who some of those teams are, every team practices. This would also curb a little of the rich get richer.
9/4/2015 5:31 PM (edited)
practice improvement ends the last game of the CT.
If Iggy said it like you do above it would have to be a long long time ago.
He knows all.

9/4/2015 6:00 PM
Any idea's or things we can add to this, March madness seems to have brought the usual new group of coaches so its good to make sure they know what they need.

I personally think this is the best thread to start with so far as it's different from aejones guide as this focuses more on what to expect and basic understandings compared to jone's guide which i'd say is slightly more advanced and requires knowledge of the game.
4/4/2016 2:47 AM
Maybe some stuff about setting depth chart and offensive distribution?
4/4/2016 2:00 PM
Posted by jaxorbetter on 9/4/2015 5:31:00 PM (view original):
In iguana's team IQ chart, he mentions you "go til you lose" for practice in the CT. Is this accurate? I will have to monitor it more closely, but I always thought all teams practiced until the end of the CT. After all, some teams will be in the NT or PIT even if they lose and will need to keep practicing. And since you don't know for sure who some of those teams are, every team practices. This would also curb a little of the rich get richer.
yeah that's not correct. someone may have modified the original from 10+ years ago.

Each team will normally get 34 practices per season. If the world doesn't have a day off between non-conference and the start of conference play, it will only be 33 practices. I believe the final practice is after the CT semi-finals.

4/4/2016 2:11 PM
Bump for all the new guys in Allen
4/7/2016 8:59 PM
hmm I might have some time tomorrow Ill see what else I can add too it, a little late for allen recruiting but better than nothing I guess
4/7/2016 8:59 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but recently I just noticed most of my guys are not hitting A+ anymore. I dropped from 25 to 23 a few months ago, and thought the math worked out that 23 would get nearly everyone, but now it's really just 1-2 guys on offense(although a few more on defense are hitting A+, [does defense increase faster than offense??])
5/23/2016 9:31 PM
offense and defense IQ will increase at the same rate for the same player with the same practice time.
An average learner (3.0 high school gpa and 55 WE) will take around 2840 minutes at 20 minutes a practice. 142 total practices to go from F to A+.
4 seasons x 34 practices per season = 136 career practices.

here are the quickest any of my guys went from F to A+ over the past 10 seasons or so.
(high school gpa + beginning WE)
PRACTICES HS GPA WE
122 3.3 74
123 3.2 80
125 3.5 66
125 3.2 76
125 3.0 90

fyi, human coaches in Allen D3 drop from 264 to 99 after the free season promotion ends. D2 drops from 106 to 102, so it wasn't the case that many moved up from D3.
5/25/2016 11:13 AM (edited)
I have suspected that Def IQ increases faster than Off IQ for awhile. I always put the same amount of minutes in both and whenever I look at IQ the Def is always higher or the same. Off IQ is never (or at least I haven't noticed) higher. This is my experience at least.
5/25/2016 10:55 AM
I'll stick to the assertion that they improve at the same rate.
quickly looking at my two active teams and 6 players on those teams began at F/F.
they've improved 52 grades over their careers. All 52 offensive grades improved the same day as the defense grade improved.

If someone has contradicting data, I'll listen. But I bet I could go back and look at the past 20 seasons or so and not have a difference in over 1000 grade improvements.
5/25/2016 11:12 AM
Unfortunately I don't have the starting IQs... but looking at my chestnut hill team

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/IQ.aspx?tid=6504

7 players have the same IQ for O/D. 5 Players have higher IQ for Def.

I'll have to keep track of guys starting at F from now on though.
5/25/2016 1:12 PM
Only didn't put anything in the prestige guide for C+ or lower in DII, which is where I am right now. Can anyone help me?
5/25/2016 1:14 PM
I'm at a C right now in Naismith, I can go check to give you a more exact number, but I'd estimate around ~500 overall and very few ranked players. Because there is all the D1 unranked guys that you have to pulldown to begin with so maybe like 190+ ranked?
5/25/2016 1:37 PM
bump
7/7/2016 3:55 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.