Good world, bad owner Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
To put it another way, you tanked and you know you tanked.   Yet, somehow, you think playing the neglect card is better.

You put 14m in HS/College/IFA scouting.  You spent 39m on payroll, 38m on prospects, you played guy WAAAY out of position, you accrued ****** pitching and built a team that is 30th in scoring.    You and I both know you put a player who was unlikely to sign at #1 so you could have first two picks next season with 18m in scouting.  In addition, that gave you the most money to sign the most expensive IFA this year.   What you did is ridiculous.   And denying it, or blaming it on "neglect", doesn't make you any better.    The lack of quality worlds you griped about, before I recommended Mantle, is created by you and your ilk.   Take your lameass game to one of those worlds.   You'll fit right in.
5/22/2015 3:26 PM
Of course it was easy.   You had first pick so you knew exactly who you'd draft.   Do you think anyone believes that what I laid out isn't 100% true?
5/22/2015 3:38 PM
Tell me that you won't have 18m each in HS/College/IFA and 20m in prospects next season.   Along with a really low payroll so you can transfer to prospect.   Say it. 
5/22/2015 3:55 PM
So 9-10m in prospect, 10m in IFA?
5/22/2015 4:00 PM
I'm going through a version of this today. 

Guy bought up 38 million in IFA before the draft.  Then, picking at #1, he took a great first pick who, turns out, is asking for over 10 million.  So he goes into the league forum saying "I need 4 million", and of course someone else gives it to him.

I lay out why I disagree with this in league chat, not only does the guy say "it's not my fault", OTHER owners agree "it's not his fault."

Maybe it's an age thing - maybe being responsible for your own actions is an old-guy notion - but for god's sake, when you do something exactly as you planned it, how is it NOT your fault?

5/22/2015 4:02 PM
I don't have to be the loud guy in the room.   People believe the right guy in the room because he's right.   What you're doing isn't new.   It's been done many, many times and everyone with experience recognize it.   I'm not sure if you believe your bullshit but, if you do, you're calling the wrong person crazy.
5/22/2015 4:03 PM
Why 15m in prospect?    First two picks will be less than 8m.   Even if one is difficult to sign(and they don't have to be because you know exactly who will go 1-2), you shouldn't need 15m. 
5/22/2015 4:11 PM
Because I care about the worlds I'm in?   It's just a silly internet game but, if you're going to play it, it has to matter a little.    You griped about the lack of quality worlds and I recommended one.  And, as stated over and over again, you did exactly the things that drag worlds down.    That annoys me more than just a little.   If you don't like being called on your bullshit, don't do your bullshit.   You're a problem not a solution to the lack of quality worlds.
5/22/2015 4:20 PM
Posted by willsauve on 5/22/2015 4:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/22/2015 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Why 15m in prospect?    First two picks will be less than 8m.   Even if one is difficult to sign(and they don't have to be because you know exactly who will go 1-2), you shouldn't need 15m. 
the #4 and 5 pcik this season cost a total of $17.5M.. I figure I better plan for a little less than that and I can use the rest of the money to sign all of my draft picks as filler.. Is that okay explanation? 
Slot money is 7.91m.    With all that payroll(you're budgeting 85m+ than you're committed to), surely you'll sign a Type A or 2.    You'll lose your 2nd/3rd rounder.  The rest can be signed for less than 1m. 
5/22/2015 4:23 PM
I'll add that you only made two trades.   All of the "dead" payroll was gone thanks to the previous owner.   Those are the easiest teams to turn around.   You could have made WW claims and fielded a better team than you did.  But you had a plan and you executed it.   It was a tankjob but that was the route you took.
5/22/2015 4:35 PM
This thread is full of the lols. Will tanks, I personally refer to him as The Tank in Rickey. That is his approach to the game, but he is not breaking rules and always makes the minimum. if your league only has one of The Tank like owners I think you are better off then most.

5/22/2015 4:45 PM
Posted by willsauve on 5/22/2015 4:44:00 PM (view original):
whatever, okay.. Thanks.. The team will go from $50M in salaries to $10M including ARB guys.. I'll have plenty of $$ and I'll get to build my team from scratch.. Like I said somewhere if not here.. The only positive to this team was the #1 pick and the low payroll.. there were no ML players worth keeping.. 
It was 39m this year.   Nonetheless, a team full of cheap WW claims would have been better than what you put on the field.  You got your big IFA and the top two picks next season.   If you win 65 will you feel like you made a big improvement?    Because that's about how many you'll have to win.
5/22/2015 4:58 PM
Posted by willsauve on 5/22/2015 4:46:00 PM (view original):
Can we move on now or should we beat this dead horse some more?
Tankers don't get to decide when we move on. 

Admit your entire strategy is exactly how I laid it out and I'll consider moving on.
5/22/2015 4:59 PM
My problem will is that you admitted in world chat that you stopped paying attention to your team when you were out of contention. My team sucks also. I got the pitching where I want it and have bats that failed miserably but I logged in each day and tried to improve.  I just don't buy your I didn't pay attention theory. To me Mikes assumption is right on.
5/22/2015 6:20 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Good world, bad owner Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.