Whatever your political beliefs may be, I hope y'all will join me in thanking our servicemen and women for their sacrifice in putting their butts on the line so we can enjoy our lives and play this silly game. THANK YOU 
5/22/2015 6:53 PM
Yes. While my disagreements with US foreign policy are numerous, my respect and admiration for those who have served, starting with my father, are boundless.
5/22/2015 7:12 PM
5/22/2015 7:40 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 5/22/2015 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Yes. While my disagreements with US foreign policy are numerous, my respect and admiration for those who have served, starting with my father, are boundless.
Seconded. 
5/22/2015 8:33 PM
Posted by italyprof on 5/22/2015 8:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by contrarian23 on 5/22/2015 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Seconded. 
Without objection....
5/22/2015 11:57 PM

Ditto.
5/23/2015 2:35 AM
Thank you.
5/23/2015 7:35 AM
i would also like to commend all the police officers on this memorial day.  Here in Omaha we just lost a officer sgt Kerrie Orozco to a running gun battle with a known gang member who was also killed. she was a new mom with a 3 month old little girl who also coached little league baseball in the inner city she will be missed by the whole city
5/23/2015 8:18 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 5/23/2015 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Thank you, rjj. I hadn't known. Now, a few more do. And a few more after that...
So now you take a thread that is an expression of nonpartisan love of country and of appreciation for the sacrifices and courage of those who act in its service, and link it to a right wing sight that blames a horrifying murder of a mother who is a police officer first to the legitimate protests going on by citizens unhappy with conditions they face and treatment by the legal system (whether you agree with them or not) and then link those to Democrats, liberals AND Marxists. 

Nice work. Count me out. This Marxist works every day and teaches and interacts with veterans of war for the United States and with current active service people and the families that America has left to bear the whole burden of the wars it fights. Some of the people I teach and work with are right wing but respectful of the views of others, some are left wing, some apolitical, they are White, African-American, Latino, Asian, Native American, citizens and immigrants. And over five years at my job we have all always shown each other mutual respect. 

I'll be offline from WIS for a couple-three days. This link leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I prefer to converse with my students serving in Iraq, Afganistan, the Ukraine, Japan, Korea and Europe, none of whom seem to think that one can't have different views and still be an American, nor that the security that they at least mean to provide by their military servie (whether we all agree that the current policies are the best way to accomplish that or not) is intended only for the fellow Americans that agree with them. 
5/23/2015 7:36 PM
after clicking on your blue highlighted a few more after that i find myself needing a shower how dare you arlenwilliams try to  highjack a heartfelt memorial of a slain officer by a scumbag criminal who only reason for doing what he did was to escape the consequences of his actions (he was being served a warrent for another shooting of some other known gang member) to your right wing website just so you can get a few more hits. it is completely pathetic of you to try and use this heinous crime as some sort of pulpit. for shame at least be on the up and up, this forum was a simple non-political thread to honor our nations heros on the one day of the year to do so and you have stained the intent of said forum with the feces of your rhetoric
5/23/2015 10:45 PM
As usual, it falls to Donald Trump to provide the voice of reason.

I would like to wish everyone, including all haters and losers (of which, sadly, there are many) a truly happy and enjoyable Memorial Day!

5/25/2015 7:49 PM
It would have been better if he used the wrong "there".
5/26/2015 1:01 PM
Or if he spelled "losers" the way he says it: LOO-zuhs.
5/26/2015 1:55 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.