Less Skews! More Screws! Almost Full Topic

BullMoose, I'll take it you mean John Ganzel (NYG 1901 1B, so that Mr. Franco can gain someone to stand on first base sometimes, along with the sparkling mountain man pitcher, Mike Hampton, for Mr. Drebin.
5/27/2015 11:37 AM
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 5/26/2015 5:35:00 PM (view original):
I don't understand it, but apparently, Canavan, after playing 100 games for Cincinnati, whose season ended August 16, played another 36 games in a 36 game season with the Milwaukee Brewers. I suppose the mystery could be researched further, online. Just who in the world did the Brewers play?
I think it just has something to do with how WIS prorates the seasons from that year. But it's definitely hilarious, however it happened. 
5/27/2015 1:08 PM
Too bad he wasn't a better player.  ;->

We're nearing our halfway point in list-ups. I'll give the league number out to those who have completed the cycle above, probably in the next day or two. I have no problem with putting teams in, backing them out and re-entering them until the point where we're all in.
5/28/2015 12:55 AM (edited)
I'll take a spot.
My Park: Colt Stadium
My albatross: Bob Howry, P

jfranco's pitching albatross: 1953 Harry Byrd of the Philadelphia Athletics
Bullmoose's fielding albatross: 2013 Dan Uggla of the Atlanta Braves
5/27/2015 11:51 PM
Listed... two more scintillating SLB ballplayers.  And our second -2 singles park.  I've entered my team and will sitemail the leagues' number to dudes who have been bestowed their salary suckers, albatrosses, and designated duds, clinkers, and lemons.
5/28/2015 1:53 PM (edited)
b
5/28/2015 8:50 PM
Well, we had an initial surge of very sensible SLB simmers, who know how to have fun.     It may fill up gradually for the rest of the going. It's ironic because we're experimenting to make some corrections, so to speak, for issues that have caused fewer and fewer people to play this game. And so, there are fewer people to respond to theme league classifieds.
5/29/2015 12:58 PM (edited)
Clarification - when we get to release a player at the halfway mark, do we have to maintain the PA and IP requirements?
5/29/2015 3:36 PM
Fun theme - I'll dance:

My park: RFK 62-71 Senators version (it was new back then - not like the toilet the Nats played in).
My albatross: A-Rod
For beauchamp his hitting albatross: One of my favorite "values" at ss '62 Tom Tresh, but beauchamp gets the '68 version of Tresh of the Yanks.
For BullMoose his pitching albatross: Denny McLain of the '71 Senators

5/29/2015 4:35 PM
Posted by mattedesa on 5/29/2015 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Clarification - when we get to release a player at the halfway mark, do we have to maintain the PA and IP requirements?
Frankly, that's a very good question and the answer is yes, we have to main WIS's programming-enforced PA and IP requirements. What I confess I don't know, however, is whether they are the same 1375 IP/162 and 5500 PA/162, or whether they give further leeway and reduce them a bit.  I think they may reduce the minimums just a bit, from my OL experience, but that's only an impression. I don't know. Have to research....

Edit: working on it, thanks. Feel free to search it yourself too. I'll also look into an OL that I'm in...

5/29/2015 5:13 PM (edited)
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 5/29/2015 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mattedesa on 5/29/2015 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Frankly, that's a very good question and the answer is yes, we have to main WIS's programming-enforced PA and IP requirements. What I confess I don't know, however, is whether they are the same 1375 IP/162 and 5500 PA/162, or whether they give further leeway.  I think they may have a lower minimum for this from my OL experience, but that's only an impression. I don't know. Have to research....
If we could find out for sure how that works, that would be good. It will be a factor in finishing up my roster.
5/29/2015 5:11 PM
Very nice, midknight, You are yet another with excellent taste.  ;->  Posting!

Edit: Wow, I have to have five pages open to task this out. No complaints. Just lazy or something.

5/29/2015 6:41 PM (edited)
Jumping in at #10

My park = Oakland Coliseum

My Albatross = Jose Lima

Beauchamp gets 2001 Mike Hampton, Rockies

Midknight lands 1944 Woody Williams, ChiSox

let the games begin
5/29/2015 7:39 PM
Great, mick! More Friday evening work here. ;-`  Hampton is a stalwart for this theme. I wonder if he vacations in Colorado.... And that Woody is a dandy little glove man, as Harry Caray would say.
5/29/2015 8:40 PM
Holy cow! should be an interested theme. wonder which schmo's I will get
5/29/2015 8:57 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
Less Skews! More Screws! Almost Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.