Unfilled theme leagues- what's the point? Topic

There's quite a few theme leagues listed that are barely filled & were created quite a while ago- as long as a year or longer. So I gotta ask, what's the point? And it's not just basketball themes, there's baseball & football ones laying dormant for long periods. I've tried to start a few baseball themes that took too long. Once it got to a few weeks without many owners, I was done with it. Gotta move on at some point, don't we?
6/13/2015 11:23 AM
hey drocman...how does one remove the failed league? I have one from last year and I have not been able to get it removed. I did mark it as cancelled but I would like to get it completely off the radar. Any help appreciated. TU
6/15/2015 7:33 AM
Well, I've cancelled theme baseball leagues simply by clicking to return to draft center & changed my team to an open league. That eventually cleared it there.
6/15/2015 3:15 PM

Date User
6/5/2014 6:28 PM theyard2
Would it be possible to de-clutter the theme league classifieds by removing leagues that haven't filled in over a year, some as far back as 2010 are still in the classifieds. Thanks!
6/9/2014 10:24 AM Customer Support
We removed a handful of the older leagues that only had one team in them.
6/15/2014 4:41 PM theyard2
So you are still holding out hope for those leagues created in 2010 with 20+ teams left to fill??
6/16/2014 8:13 AM Customer Support
We don't like clearing leagues with multiple teams in them. Sometimes leagues do take a long time to fill, so we don't want to presume that they're forgotten.

6/16/2015 8:56 PM
they think leagues fill at a rate equivalent to their updates...

...though that'd actually be faster.

6/16/2015 9:07 PM
my *** fills faster
6/19/2015 1:13 AM
The question is - why would anyone still have a *paid for team* just sitting around in an unfilled league?
6/20/2015 7:18 PM
Exactly my point, Grayfoxx. Example: Reggiedeal has a theme league available right now. It's just like OL but no rookies or clones, plus more to spend- 47 mil. Sounds good, right? Until you see he originally started it in July 2013. Nearly 2 years ago? And it still needs 12 teams to fill? I mean, what's the point?
6/21/2015 8:47 AM
Reggiedeal's league is fine.  At least it might fill.  The problem is the 7 or so private leagues that have been sitting for years and have no chance of filling.  The Legends league, for example.  That's been there for 5 years.  The owner is AWOL.  It hasn't added a member since I joined.  No one here could join it even if they wanted to. That tops the list of leagues that need to go to clean things up. 

Of course it will never happen.  
6/21/2015 10:10 PM
Reggiedeal's league is fine because it might finally fill up after two freaking years? The darn thing is only gonna last 41 days. Here, take my money for this league I'm joining & I'll see you two years from now. Who wants to do that? Some owners may no longer be active or, not to be morbid, may have even died. It's just silly to wait all that time. Move on already.
6/23/2015 9:41 PM
the reggie league needs 8 more if anyone wants to play
7/1/2015 11:00 AM
some live, some die, some are just happy to feel alive
7/1/2015 8:58 PM
Thank you Customer Support for clearing out abandoned leagues from the Draft Center  :)
7/16/2015 9:15 AM
I wish they had varying league sizes and playoff structures like the MLB sim has.  I've just ran 2, 12-team leagues where I bought and controlled  all the teams because of the abbreviated size...and I would probably do that here too if they had a 12-team NBA sim feature.  A lot less theme ideas would die as well.

It's kind of a catch 22 at this point tho...limited playership, so why put time/effort into it, but if you put time and effort into it you might get more playership...the crux.

8/2/2015 7:58 PM
who are you?
8/3/2015 10:40 AM
12 Next ▸
Unfilled theme leagues- what's the point? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.