Negro League Season 32 - Waitlist Topic

Negro League world has five ONE opening is full for our upcoming season.  We are taking names on the waitlist for next season. HBD's tribute to the negro leagues is a way for owner to learn about some of the rich history of baseball while enjoying the competition of building your team from the ground up.  We are also a sister world to LEG, so if you are familiar with that world, you'll likely enjoy things here as well.  Here are the rules we have:
  • Choose a city and nickname used by an actual negro league team.  The city can be a bit tricky, especially for western division teams, but there are enough available to make it work.  One option if you get stuck is to pick a city in the same state and put the actual city in your nickname.  One owner for a time had the "Toledo Dayton Marcos," as the actual negro league city was Dayton.  There are also traveling teams available which can be placed in different cities.  You can find this information at the following links:
  • No tanking.  That means different things in different worlds.  Here's what it means for us:
    • We have no minimum win requirement.  But, if you can't win at least 54 games at the ML level, there had better be some extenuating circumstances.
    • Keep your minor league teams fresh.  No 0% stamina pitchers. 
  • We enjoy an active world chat, but please keep it civil.  If you see an issue with another owner's team, please try to contact them directly via trade chat directly before posting to the world chat.
We hope you'll join us for our upcoming season.  Descriptions of our available teams below.
7/10/2015 5:17 AM (edited)
In a strange twist, all five of our available teams are in the National League.  Two of them had 90+ wins (and made the playoffs), with a third at 82 wins.  Here they are:

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2970  Our first team won 82 games last season in the NL East, after notching 100 and 99 victories the previous two seasons.  Still lots of good pieces at the ML level, so this team is probably just a player or two from making a return trip to the playoffs. TAKEN.

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2969  Next is this NL South team that improved from 67 to 74 wins last season.  There are some good pieces here, particularly on the mound, but the offense struggled.  Looks like there's at least one prospect in AAA who's ready to step in, but to contend right away, you'll need to acquire another bat or two. TAKEN

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2977  Our final three teams are all in the NL West, starting with the division winner.  Playing in Oakland, this team rode strong pitching to playoff appearances the last two seasons.  Still plenty here to contend. TAKEN

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2975  Next up is a wildcard team out of the NL West, which used power and pitching to win 90 games.  The previous owner was disappointed in a late season slump that cost him the division title.  Maybe you can perk them up a bit next season.

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2976  Finally, we have the team that finished last in the NL West with 66 wins.  Part of that was a product of being in a division with three playoff teams that each won at least 88 games.  There are some good young players on this ML roster, and in the minor leagues.  Maybe not ready to win this season, but could be soon. TAKEN

Please drop me a sitemail with any questions.  We'd love to have you join us!
7/9/2015 1:55 PM (edited)
Join me.  JOIN ME!
6/25/2015 9:04 PM
Posted by doorframe on 6/25/2015 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Join me.  JOIN ME!
LOL...doorframe is feeling lonely as the only NL West coming back next season. 
6/25/2015 10:26 PM
My team smells, apparently. 
6/26/2015 2:53 AM
The NL South team and one NL West team have already been claimed.  Get your team while you can!

EDIT: The NL West team is still available.  Four openings.

6/26/2015 1:05 PM (edited)
I'm alone again.   Join me. 

6/26/2015 2:58 PM
Bump.
6/27/2015 12:17 PM
Learn about the Negro leagues while you play! 
6/27/2015 1:34 PM
Who doesn't like baseball history? Nobody, that's who.
6/28/2015 10:54 AM
Have a couple of owners kicking the tires, so pick your team now for best selection.
6/28/2015 4:55 PM
Don't miss your chance.      
6/28/2015 7:38 PM
Did I mention history? 
6/29/2015 2:20 PM
And then there were three...
6/29/2015 7:54 PM
Pretty soon there will be two.
6/30/2015 10:41 AM
12 Next ▸
Negro League Season 32 - Waitlist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.