I feel confident that I'm being targetted... Topic

I've been through this AE. It was messy but it was resolved to my satisfaction. The jist: I had 4 spots open. I had 4 considering me, and then a couple of cycles later one was considering one team and the other for another team. Then a cycle or two later I lost the other two to the same teams. I got two more to consider me and each one of those teams took one each. I ended getting two other guys to consider me and sign. After complaining to WIS, they confirmed it was one user with two teams, within 1000 miles of each other, and with no history of playing ever. They played one season and have never returned. WIS let me ask for two of the players back and they awarded them to me to avoid two walkons. 

It won't let me paste the link, but if you search dshook30 as the author of the post you should find it. Its from April of 2013.

7/21/2015 1:06 PM
the fact that folks would do this is so disappointing.
7/21/2015 1:31 PM
Posted by aejones on 7/21/2015 11:30:00 AM (view original):
And now my season is over, ending in the S16 with 8 (relatively) crappy players and I still have no word. What are they waiting on exactly? 
im surprised because their responsiveness has been better than i would have expected, these last few years. i even sent a note about that password change not rotating session IDs, just an FYI not a complaint, and they responded with a follow up question in about a day, and then about 5 days later, all the session IDs got rotated, which most likely required a server side software release. i was basically dumbfounded, i really didn't think they'd fix it, i guess its because they must be making a security push with the PW stuff and this was a 101 type security issue in the same area.

they just must be unequipped to deal with these kinds of investigations on the collusion side (which i think we are would say with confidence before this incident anyway). i suspect they have looked around but just dont know what to do next (which doesnt justify a lack of communication). hopefully the aejones colluders will stop on account of this thread.
7/21/2015 2:05 PM
maybe you should send them a further reply to the ticket and suggest what they should do

1. check for common credit card
2. check for common internet address etc - if they retain that
3. if they are unwilling or unable to do more, they could just sitemail/email the respective coaches and say something like

"we have received a report alleging collusive behavior and/or activity outside the rules of fair play.  Please tell us whether you have any connection to xxxx, yyyy (names of users) and whether you have communicated or coordinated recruiting with those users.  If you are the same person or related persons or have communicated outside the game, you are required to reply to this message."

that would help and it is EASY
7/21/2015 2:29 PM
Posted by zorzii on 7/21/2015 12:25:00 PM (view original):
Well, Aejones : next recruiting cycle... That will be starting soon, keep us posted on what's happening. I doubt they will ever poach you again. But I'd like to know what happened to these fake owners. Did they continue playing?
I mean "yes" they continued-- one of them schedule a full season of next season's schedule (I actually sent invites to both of them for every slow ;)) and the other didn't schedule anything. Who knows if they'll try to keep the charade up or keep attacking me
7/21/2015 3:08 PM
My bet is they'll do it out of spite until CS actually does something about it.

There are ways to recruit around tools like these guys but it's kind of a pain in the ***.  Besides, if Certain Staff were on the ball and doing their jobs resolving problems like this, you wouldn't have to, now would you?

(Preparing to get banned now for voicing displeasure with anything HD-related.  Happened before, why not again?)
7/21/2015 4:19 PM
this is a situation in which shotgun style recruiting seems useful - get a dozen guys to consider you - how will they know which one's have great FSS and are your real targets unless they spend etc etc?

spread the chaff
7/21/2015 4:24 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/21/2015 4:24:00 PM (view original):
this is a situation in which shotgun style recruiting seems useful - get a dozen guys to consider you - how will they know which one's have great FSS and are your real targets unless they spend etc etc?

spread the chaff
i like it
7/21/2015 7:52 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 7/21/2015 4:19:00 PM (view original):
My bet is they'll do it out of spite until CS actually does something about it.

There are ways to recruit around tools like these guys but it's kind of a pain in the ***.  Besides, if Certain Staff were on the ball and doing their jobs resolving problems like this, you wouldn't have to, now would you?

(Preparing to get banned now for voicing displeasure with anything HD-related.  Happened before, why not again?)
i figured it was emy when this thread came out, so if he figures they'll keep doing it, he's probably right!

(joking)
7/21/2015 7:54 PM

spread the chaff
Thats a good idea
7/21/2015 9:42 PM

spread the chaff
Didn't take long for someone to figure that out.....
7/22/2015 3:24 AM
Update: Both players have decided to leave after 1 season because of, well, you guys can be the judge:

7/23
11:10 PM bradycheats
Correction, that should read did not damage Redlands.
7/23
10:39 PM bradycheats
PS_ I hope I did damage Redlands during my season here.
7/23
10:38 PM bradycheats
First time HD player, enjoyed competing against all of you. Learned so much including how much I have to learn. :p Not returning because of the harassment by some in this world. Waste of money. Good Luck in future seasons.

7/24
2:04 AM phams1099
I hate to give up the school but I will not put up with immature acting coaches who make baseless accusations. Again no one here in the USA South.
7/24
12:20 AM the0nlyis
dang phams you looked like a strong addition to the conf and shenn looks good for next season.
7/23
11:28 PM phams1099
Likely not returning. I have had my fill of the bully in this world. Not in the USA South, but he is very vocal and acts like a petulant child when he does not get his way.

So let's get this straight, two first time coaches read the message boards and see this thread (I didn't accuse them anywhere else) and get offended and decide to leave. Sorry guys, didn't mean to run off these new talented coaches...
7/24/2015 12:22 PM
I like that Soap Opera : It's the Young and the Restless. Aejones as Victor Newman ; Bradycheats as Hobo #1 and featuring phams1099 as Reverend Hope Vendetta.

7/24/2015 12:31 PM
This thread was harassment? bullying?

I suppose maybe customer support contacted these players and asked them whether something was going on?

Still odd to see this as harassment.  One would have expected an innocent participant who saw this thread to post something like

"This is hogwash.  I've never played before and have no grudge against anyone - except maybe now I should develop a grudge.  I went after those players because [they looked good on FSS] [insert other truthful answer].  If you dont like competition, play solitaire."

7/24/2015 1:36 PM
Wow both leaving at the same time after one season and the similar but basically exact same message  makes it look a lot more suspicious.

CS being so slow is really odd, they have been quick to respond to my many tickets.  Especially for something so important you would think they would focus on this first, and since cmac said they have shown they are capable of check to see if it is one person, I would expect it wouldnt take more than a few minutes to confirm or deny by CS.
7/24/2015 1:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
I feel confident that I'm being targetted... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.