Do you enjoy recruiting in GD? (poll) Topic

Do you enjoy recruiting players in Gridiron Dynasty?
Votes: 165
(Last vote received: 8/22/2015 2:04 PM)
6/29/2015 4:13 PM
This is an offshoot from a discussion in another thread. I tried to keep the question simple and unbiased.

If you "somewhat enjoy" recruiting, please feel free to answer Yes or No, whichever you feel closer to.

Thanks in advance for participating, and for any comments you may want to share.
6/29/2015 4:15 PM
I now find it boring and mundane and silly. Its been the same forever and that is why I make my statement as such. Its utterly ridiculous to send 100 or more CV's to a recruit. How about if recruiting be about selling yourself and your style as a coach and your school instead of it being merely about how much money you throw at a recruit?

btw, I used to love recruiting. But no change ever has gotten old.
6/29/2015 4:26 PM
I enjoy it and would be very surprised to see a lot of 'No' votes, *but* it is annoying/disappointing when important recruiting cycles fall during real important real life events, made especially worse when it's a large class. That's just a c'est la vie moment in my eyes, but it still stings when my afternoon is locked up with meetings on response afternoon.
6/29/2015 4:28 PM
I enjoy it, but, mostly because of Guess reports and Yatzr recruiting tools. In fact, when I get home tonight I will check my Warner team one more time. Yatzr recruiting wasn't working yesterday. If it's not working when I get home I will be leaving a 17 win team....and the rest of my teams if WIS keeps changing things to prevent Yatzrs from working.

Agree with hypno about real life. I was going to have to make a decision on some teams anyways for late August and see when the recruiting cycle was. 3 weeks biking Ireland doesn't leave much chance for recruiting

Edit: I would imagine many more people than not will say they like recruiting.... Since 90% of the game is recruiting and player development.
6/29/2015 7:00 PM (edited)
I like how you phrased the question kc and I'm glad we're all having this discussion. I'll be very interested to see responses on the issue. 
6/29/2015 6:38 PM
For me, recruiting is still the best part of the season. Mainly because I'm still learning how to do it well, and I do love research. If I get to the point where I don't like it so much any more, then I will switch to game planning research.
6/29/2015 6:40 PM
It's 90% of the game for me. I agree that it could be improved but think that there are many places this game could be improved that are more important.
6/29/2015 7:07 PM
^^^What Greenie said.

6/29/2015 8:05 PM
Posted by awags on 6/29/2015 7:07:00 PM (view original):
It's 90% of the game for me. I agree that it could be improved but think that there are many places this game could be improved that are more important.
Definitely best part of this game by far....definitely could use some tweaking.....so much potential for a really great experience...could also be ruined if too many things implemented or changed.
6/29/2015 8:24 PM
Posted by cjsweat on 6/29/2015 6:38:00 PM (view original):
I like how you phrased the question kc and I'm glad we're all having this discussion. I'll be very interested to see responses on the issue. 
The poll numbers are coming out about like I would have predicted. (And like you would have too, I assume.) For what it's worth, I haven't voted... didn't want to skew my own poll.

I'm really enjoying reading people's comments about the process, thanks guys. I'll chime in later.
6/29/2015 9:59 PM
Best part of the game
6/29/2015 10:22 PM
Just throwing this out there. I would like to see a system where if a guy doesnt sign with you youll recieve say 50% of that money back. Ac scouting trips not counting but anything beyond that would be interesting. It could make the process very interesting with alot of battles and more activity after the signing period. I know this is non realistic but lets be honest so are the costs and the budgets. I however dont have a huge issue with it as is but especially at d1 would like to see locations of recruits fixed or just more balance instead of loaded north east and sparse everywhere else. 
6/30/2015 7:42 AM
Posted by colewharton on 6/30/2015 7:42:00 AM (view original):
Just throwing this out there. I would like to see a system where if a guy doesnt sign with you youll recieve say 50% of that money back. Ac scouting trips not counting but anything beyond that would be interesting. It could make the process very interesting with alot of battles and more activity after the signing period. I know this is non realistic but lets be honest so are the costs and the budgets. I however dont have a huge issue with it as is but especially at d1 would like to see locations of recruits fixed or just more balance instead of loaded north east and sparse everywhere else. 
I think the system that would compliment your suggestion would be an increase in scholarships BUT you don't have to sign all of the scholarships. So, let's say you have 65 scholarships, WIS could change the minimum roster size to only 55. So, as long as you have 55 players on your roster, you don't have to worry a bunch of walk-ons joining your team. If they did this, they would need to change how budgets determined, it couldn't be based on open scholarships. But if you could figure out the budget issue, you then would have a system that allows a lot of flexibility. 
6/30/2015 12:55 PM
I do agree with whoever said Money should not be the biggest factor.    I would also like to see less recruits considering SIMS the day recruiting starts.     If a team does not have a human owner they should be the ones to get walk ons and the bottom of the barrel recruits.     The worst part about GD is when you have had a guy Green for two days and you wake up on the morning of recruiting and some guy has jumped on him.     Not much you can do about that I guess.  I enjoy it but it can be stressful. 
6/30/2015 4:18 PM
123 Next ▸
Do you enjoy recruiting in GD? (poll) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.