Police interaction Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I guess we'll never know because he was murdered.
8/2/2015 8:22 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 8/2/2015 8:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/2/2015 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 8/2/2015 6:21:00 PM (view original):

You suggest that the cop should have let him drive away. Then what? Evidently you feel if someone doesn't cooperate the cops should just let them go. How is that going to make things better?
If you're restricting the choices to two, shoot him in the head or let him get away, then yes, let him get away.

There are other options. The most sensible seems to be what any other cop would do, get in your car and follow him. If he gets away, oh well, you have his plate. Wait for him at home.

I bet, if he's honest, Tensing would choose this option if he could do it over again.
I'm sure once he gets home and sees police there he'll now decide to cooperate fully. LOL!
OH!!!  Even better.  High speed chase.   That won't endanger the law-abiding public!!!

And, since they don't know who he is, how can they be sure it was his car?   Gotta let the lawbreakers go if they don't cooperate because, well, can't have them being inconvenienced.
8/2/2015 8:33 PM
OK, OK, we get it.....

There are two types of people in this world....Those who follow every law, statute, ordinance to the letter at all times every second of their lives without question and those who deserve to be executed on the spot without due process.

Thank you for the clarification, hypocrite.
8/2/2015 9:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/2/2015 8:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 8/2/2015 8:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/2/2015 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 8/2/2015 6:21:00 PM (view original):

You suggest that the cop should have let him drive away. Then what? Evidently you feel if someone doesn't cooperate the cops should just let them go. How is that going to make things better?
If you're restricting the choices to two, shoot him in the head or let him get away, then yes, let him get away.

There are other options. The most sensible seems to be what any other cop would do, get in your car and follow him. If he gets away, oh well, you have his plate. Wait for him at home.

I bet, if he's honest, Tensing would choose this option if he could do it over again.
I'm sure once he gets home and sees police there he'll now decide to cooperate fully. LOL!
OH!!!  Even better.  High speed chase.   That won't endanger the law-abiding public!!!

And, since they don't know who he is, how can they be sure it was his car?   Gotta let the lawbreakers go if they don't cooperate because, well, can't have them being inconvenienced.
mike.  You definitely get it.   A police officer can't let a potential hazard just leave because:

1)  There is no guarantee that said suspect is who he says he is; is not driving a stolen car, etc.
2)  There is no guarantee that said suspect who speeds away doesn't keep speeding and endangering others.
3) Even if said suspect is known and address is known, if he is avoiding the police to begin with, he will likely continue when confronted again and again and again
4) Said suspect could be en route to commit a crime.   Police are supposed to ensure the safety of the whole community, not just the ones pulled over.

BL is just a prime example of what is wrong with this country.  His philosophy would allow criminals to have a easy way out of jail by fleeing.   If criminals kept addresses, we would not have most wanted lists

8/2/2015 9:28 PM
Posted by evil_twin on 8/2/2015 9:20:00 PM (view original):
OK, OK, we get it.....

There are two types of people in this world....Those who follow every law, statute, ordinance to the letter at all times every second of their lives without question and those who deserve to be executed on the spot without due process.

When you choose to ignore an order of a police officer when pulled over, you are committing a crime, a felony if you attempt to leave or injure the officer.   The officer has the right to protect himself or others if he feels the suspect is a danger.  Many people forget that.   The question is whether he was justified that he felt he was being runover.  Witnesses stories conflicted, some in  support of the officer.

A police officer who allows a dangerous individual to endanger others will eventually be the cause of law suits and innocent 3rd party deaths

8/2/2015 9:35 PM
If shooting Dubose in the head was the right decision, Tensing wouldn't be facing murder charges. Tensing did the wrong thing.
8/2/2015 10:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/2/2015 10:55:00 PM (view original):
If shooting Dubose in the head was the right decision, Tensing wouldn't be facing murder charges. Tensing did the wrong thing.
Incorrect as usual.  Self defense is often determined at the court level.  Being charged does not equate to being guilty.  He is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  
8/3/2015 6:48 AM
OK, OK, we get it.....

If that's what you've gathered from this thread, your ability to understand simple sentences is inadequate.
8/3/2015 7:03 AM
8/3/2015 7:32 AM
Posted by bfkfraser on 8/3/2015 6:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/2/2015 10:55:00 PM (view original):
Incorrect as usual.  Self defense is often determined at the court level.  Being charged does not equate to being guilty.  He is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  
Did you watch the video?
8/3/2015 8:44 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/3/2015 7:03:00 AM (view original):
OK, OK, we get it.....

If that's what you've gathered from this thread, your ability to understand simple sentences is inadequate.
To be clear, I created this thread because I was stopped for breaking the law.    However, unlike the people shot dead by the police, I did what was asked of me.   None of it was difficult or degrading.   Of course, I knew the worst outcome for me would be a ticket for a couple hundred bucks.   The criminals resisting and being shot were looking at jail time.

Seems like a lot of tears being shed for wanted criminals.
8/3/2015 9:06 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...19 Next ▸
Police interaction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.