Police interaction Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
But, if that 5 y/o was receiving food stamps, that's one less on the govenment dole.   That's the potential for less taxes. 
8/4/2015 3:48 PM
Hell, over the next 20 years, he might have produced a dozen welfare babies.   You should be happy not outraged. 
8/4/2015 3:50 PM
I'm an advocate for animals.    Not so much lions in Zimbabwe but I only contribute to one charity.    The local pound.

So, really, while you may do volunteer work for disadvantaged youth and I only contribute to the local pound, who are we to say the conservation of lions is less important and, therefore, people shouldn't be upset over it?   What's important to you, or me, might not be important to the next guy.
8/4/2015 3:52 PM
Posted by moy23 on 8/4/2015 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/4/2015 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 8/4/2015 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/3/2015 9:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/3/2015 7:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by evil_twin on 8/2/2015 9:20:00 PM (view original):
OK, OK, we get it.....

There are two types of people in this world....Those who follow every law, statute, ordinance to the letter at all times every second of their lives without question and those who deserve to be executed on the spot without due process.

Thank you for the clarification, hypocrite.
If that's what you've gathered from this thread, your ability to understand simple sentences is inadequate.
To be clear, I created this thread because I was stopped for breaking the law.    However, unlike the people shot dead by the police, I did what was asked of me.   None of it was difficult or degrading.   Of course, I knew the worst outcome for me would be a ticket for a couple hundred bucks.   The criminals resisting and being shot were looking at jail time.

Seems like a lot of tears being shed for wanted criminals.
No tears were shed for 33 year old officer Sean Bolton this weekend. Not even an honorable mention from the major news outlets. Who cares when a white officer is killed when he pulls over a black felon, right? #onlyblacklivesmatter
Pretty sure it made my facebook feed and I live in Southern California.

I think that even you, moy, can see the difference between the two situations.

It's a tragedy when a cop is murdered. But the killer is usually caught and punished. Other cops don't try to cover up the crime. Prosecutors don't go soft on the suspect. Evidence isn't withheld. No one blames the victim. There aren't huge PR campaigns waged in defense of the murderer.

There is almost always justice.

When a cop murders a civilian, all of those things listed above happen. Even when the video evidence is clear (as it is in the Slager and Dubose cases), people want to give the government (police are the government) the benefit of the doubt.

There is rarely justice.

Where is the justice for the 272 men, women, teens, and young kids (almost 90% black) shot and killed in Chicago this year? Many of these deaths were people sitting in a car when the gunman walked up and opened fire on them, others were intended targets (or innocent bystanders) of drive by shootings.... Of which a small fraction of the perpetrators are actually caught and tried. Did that make your Facebook page?

BUT two white cops break the law and its an epidemic, the whole system is racist, Facebook lights up and the world goes apeshit.

People are really bad at prioritizing. A 5 year old and a 7 year old are shot in Chicago two days ago..... Or a lion is shot in Zimbabwe? Obviously the lion is more important, right?
Thing is, people get killed by criminals every day. It's sad but not surprising or controversial. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that those murderers should be arrested and punished.

Unless the murderer is a cop.

Then a significant portion of the population comes up with excuses, blames the victims, and, in general, doesn't think the murderer should be sent to prison.
8/4/2015 4:52 PM

Is it?  Or is that your opinion?   I don't know any of those dead kids.   Why should I care about them?   Why should you care about a lion?   Why should BL care about a dead cop?   Why should tec care if Bob and Ed get married?

You aren't the arbiter of ALL THINGS IMPORTANT.    Even if you think you are.

8/4/2015 5:00 PM
The "victims" are to blame.  It's very easy to cooperate when a cop stops you.   When you don't, the situation changes. 

But, yeah, when a cop is convicted, he deserves the same punishment that Joe Citizen would get.

Again, law-abiding citizens shouldn't be up in arms when a cop shoots a criminal who is fighting or running.    Only people with nothing to lose would put their life at risk like that.    And those people are dangerous to the general public.  
8/4/2015 5:15 PM
Posted by moy23 on 8/4/2015 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/4/2015 4:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 8/4/2015 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/4/2015 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 8/4/2015 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/3/2015 9:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/3/2015 7:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by evil_twin on 8/2/2015 9:20:00 PM (view original):
OK, OK, we get it.....

There are two types of people in this world....Those who follow every law, statute, ordinance to the letter at all times every second of their lives without question and those who deserve to be executed on the spot without due process.

Thank you for the clarification, hypocrite.
If that's what you've gathered from this thread, your ability to understand simple sentences is inadequate.
To be clear, I created this thread because I was stopped for breaking the law.    However, unlike the people shot dead by the police, I did what was asked of me.   None of it was difficult or degrading.   Of course, I knew the worst outcome for me would be a ticket for a couple hundred bucks.   The criminals resisting and being shot were looking at jail time.

Seems like a lot of tears being shed for wanted criminals.
No tears were shed for 33 year old officer Sean Bolton this weekend. Not even an honorable mention from the major news outlets. Who cares when a white officer is killed when he pulls over a black felon, right? #onlyblacklivesmatter
Pretty sure it made my facebook feed and I live in Southern California.

I think that even you, moy, can see the difference between the two situations.

It's a tragedy when a cop is murdered. But the killer is usually caught and punished. Other cops don't try to cover up the crime. Prosecutors don't go soft on the suspect. Evidence isn't withheld. No one blames the victim. There aren't huge PR campaigns waged in defense of the murderer.

There is almost always justice.

When a cop murders a civilian, all of those things listed above happen. Even when the video evidence is clear (as it is in the Slager and Dubose cases), people want to give the government (police are the government) the benefit of the doubt.

There is rarely justice.

Where is the justice for the 272 men, women, teens, and young kids (almost 90% black) shot and killed in Chicago this year? Many of these deaths were people sitting in a car when the gunman walked up and opened fire on them, others were intended targets (or innocent bystanders) of drive by shootings.... Of which a small fraction of the perpetrators are actually caught and tried. Did that make your Facebook page?

BUT two white cops break the law and its an epidemic, the whole system is racist, Facebook lights up and the world goes apeshit.

People are really bad at prioritizing. A 5 year old and a 7 year old are shot in Chicago two days ago..... Or a lion is shot in Zimbabwe? Obviously the lion is more important, right?
Thing is, people get killed by criminals every day. It's sad but not surprising or controversial. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that those murderers should be arrested and punished.

Unless the murderer is a cop.

Then a significant portion of the population comes up with excuses, blames the victims, and, in general, doesn't think the murderer should be sent to prison.
Yay!!! Everyone is in agreement those murderers should be arrested and punished!!!! Too bad the vast majority of these cases go unsolved and the number of murders is way up across the country. Both Chicago and Milwaukee are already at their 2014 homicide # and its only August 4th.... Police forces have been reduced in size, laws passed to give more leniency to CRIMINALS... But hey, white cops shooting a black criminal - that's a BIG deal....

I also strongly disagree with your last sentence.... Everyone on this board, and I think many others, simply said not to jump to conclusions without the facts. We were all in agreement that had a cop been found guilty after the facts they should go to prison. Am I correct?

We also thought cops should get the benefit of the doubt over multiple offense felons. Nothing wrong with that. You were the one that is OK destroying innocent cops lives like Darren Wilson because you made poor ASSUMPTIONS before getting all the facts
You don't see a difference between a murder committed by a gang member and a murder committed by an agent of the government, in terms of shock and outrage?

Have you watched the Dubose video? Do you think it was murder?
8/4/2015 5:36 PM
People get upset when people they need to trust (police), violate that trust and start murdering.

Being upset about the Dubose and Slager murders in no way diminishes the tragedy of things like inner-city crime.
8/4/2015 6:15 PM
See, you're doing it again. Blaming the victim.

The Dubose murder is outrageous because it's a cop committing the murder.
8/4/2015 7:36 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...19 Next ▸
Police interaction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.