These two guys got huge bumps in the off-season.    Not sure they'll ever be BL players but the bumps were much more than I'm accustomed to seeing.

Russ Cyr AA CF L/L 23 0 42 62 20 62 ?
Ivan Pujols AA C R/R 22 0 38 51 13 51 ?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Russ Cyr
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ivan Pujols

Pujol is the most interesting, IMO.   His range/glove increased so much that he'd be a viable option at 1B.   And, if he gets that sort of bump next year, he could be a 3B. 
7/27/2015 12:42 PM
The 20/13 column was off-season improvement.
7/27/2015 12:43 PM
Makes me interested what kind of bump http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6884687
will get.
7/27/2015 2:29 PM
2 out of my 3 in MG retired in the off season. In the past my DITR's would linger around for years since they stunk. These 2 had the makings of useful players too.
8/4/2015 9:02 AM
Posted by jibe on 8/4/2015 9:02:00 AM (view original):
2 out of my 3 in MG retired in the off season. In the past my DITR's would linger around for years since they stunk. These 2 had the makings of useful players too.
They would only retire if they were not at an appropriate level for their years of experience.  So likely, that's on you.
8/4/2015 9:07 AM
Cyr had some nice ST improvement.   Still don't think he's on track to be a BL player but, if he gets 2-3 points every cycle, my mind might change.
8/11/2015 9:31 AM
I had a pitcher listed as DITR from last season (before I owned the team); he went from a non-prospect to a borderline case, assuming he gets pretty close to his projected ratings.  What I am wondering is whether there is a way to predict which players will become DITR.  I assume it is based on high makeup, and maybe partly also on high patience and low temper, but I am just guessing.  Has anyone figured out how to identify players who will be most likely to become DITR?  And would it make sense to consider this when ordering your list for the amateur draft?
8/11/2015 10:33 AM
Following up - my DITR has makeup = 81, patience = 68, and temper = 32.  He is only twenty years old and is projected to gain almost 40 points in control, plus about 20 each in vL, vR, P1, P2, and P3 from where he is now.
8/11/2015 10:36 AM
They changed the DITR program a couple of months ago.   I'm not sure we have enough data to figure out how it chooses the players.
8/11/2015 10:37 AM
"Diamonds in the Rough logic has been improved so that there will be fewer, yet more impactful player bumps."

Prior to the above being implemented a couple months ago, here is how I would characterize DitR working.....
**I have had DitR from 18 years old to 24 and everything in between.  24 (maybe 25) seemed to be the upper age limit for DitR.

**Only low end players became DitRs.  By that I mean there seems to be a cutoff where any player over a certain current overall rating would not be eligible to be a DitR.  I don't know where that cutoff is but the vast majority, if not all, of my DitRs have had a current overall rating of 50 or less at the time they became a DitR.  For example, a player with a current OVR of 45, projected OVR of 60 could be a DitR.  However, I have never seen a player with  a current OVR of 55, projected OVR of 70 become a DitR.  Why limit DitRs to career minor league players becoming low end MLB players?  Why can't a low end MLB player become an All-Star MLB player via DitR?  I am not saying there should be a lot of All-Stars created by DitRs but to have none does not mirror real life MLB correctly.

**For .position players, fielding ratings often got bigger bumps than hitting ratings.  For pitchers, individual pitches often got bigger bumps than other pitching ratings.

Like MikeT said, it is still too early to tell what the new changes will do for sure.  The one DitR I have had under the new system was a current OVR of 44 at the time he became a DitR.  That implies they are still only doing low end players.  However, the bumps to both fielding and hitting ratings were more than usually seen under the old system.  Nice to see them finally bumping hitting ratings up as much a fielding ratings but he still will likely only make it to AAA.

Update:  After checking the DitR report for Bo Jackson, season 32 under the new DitR rules....  21 position players and 37 pitchers were DitRs.  Highest current OVR at time of DitR boost was 52 but most players were between 35-45 which supports the idea they are still only letting low end players become DitRs.  BTW....The current OVR 52 player projects to be a nice middle of the rotation SP in the majors (my ADV scouting is 14M) but he is 24 yrs old with 5 pro years under his belt already.  He will never come close to reaching his new projected ratings.
8/15/2015 3:32 PM (edited)
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Cam Tosoni could become a BL ballplayer if he advances one more season like this one.
9/11/2015 9:00 AM
This should probably be I the 'ask the MikeT thread but I feel Tosoni is a good reference. How much can power in a hitter make up for the lack of other ratings? If you have a 1B with 90-95 power does it overshadow if he has a 40 contact and 40 vs R? I'm always torn on this because I don't have a large BL sample size to go off of.
9/11/2015 12:20 PM (edited)
Tosoni's probably a little better than this guy but try this:  I had Alex Takada in my organization for eleven seasons.  Gave him a few extended chances in the majors.  Compare his minor league numbers with majors.  If he'd even been able to hit .230 I would have kept him on my bench.

9/11/2015 12:25 PM (edited)
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Cecil Lazzeri is a good example.  
8 93 31 58 88
 from S28-S34.     I used him as a part-time player his entire career.   He was awesome and sucky.   Very streaky.    I think, if you get a 85/85 power/eye, you can use them if you accept that they'll drop 0-16 streaks then hit 3 homers and draw 4 walks in his next 10 plate appearances.
9/11/2015 1:26 PM
Tosoni needs another 10 across the hitting board to be a legit BL player since he seems to be a 1B.  Even then he's just a bench guy.
9/11/2015 1:30 PM
1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.