whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

This was the only way I could get to HD at my office since whatifsports.com is blocked. Anyone else use it besides me? Now when I try to go there it automatically rolls to whatifsports.com. If it stays that way my HD career may be over.
8/12/2015 8:40 AM
So they have in fact shut it down as of yesterday. Devastating news. I contacted customer support for help as seble's post in critical news said to do, and all the idiots did was refer me to a knowledge base article that says to contact them for help if I've exhausted all workarounds! I hate this, but my HD career is probably over if they don't open that back door site up again.
8/12/2015 8:57 AM
neither is wisjournal...

"In order to improve security, simplify maintenance, and improve usage analysis of the site, we have merged our site domains, including wisjournal.com. In addition, all traffic will be using the SSL security protocol to better protect your information.
Going forward, all requests made to our servers will be redirected to https://www.whatifsports.com. This may affect a small portion of users (about 0.6%) who use those alternate domains. If this change prohibits you from accessing the site, and you have exhausted all alternatives (e.g. using a phone or tablet), please contact customer service for assistance."

Really sucks, I'll take the lower security for an alternative log-in lol
8/12/2015 9:30 AM
can you still use the ip address?<br />
<br type="_moz" />
8/12/2015 9:38 AM
Not sure and wouldn't know how to. Not overly internet savvy.
8/12/2015 9:47 AM
try this &#160;50.56.22.85
8/12/2015 9:52 AM
8/12/2015 9:52 AM
i was wondering if other folks would notice this, i was asking them something and they said this was coming and i was like, oh no! you can still use the non www. whatifsports.com though, that gives you 2. as for the folks who need more than 2, i dont know the best way, but im thinking ill use a firefox for my 2nd browser so i can have a 2nd set of sessions, that will get me to 4...
8/12/2015 12:00 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 8/12/2015 9:52:00 AM (view original):
thats the WIS IP, you'd want a non-WIS IP, like the wisjournal which is the .84 of that same - but no, it redirects as well. (edit: oh i thoughty ou meant just for a mirror - to beat a workplace filtering ruleset, i guess either could be fine)

i am wondering if there is a good add-on for session management that would let you use like 5 sessions on the same site and switch easily between them... seems pretty possible something like that would exist for firefox.
8/12/2015 12:02 PM
also is it really just 0.6% of users who use multiple accounts? that seems much lower than i would expect. if there are like 3,000 HD coaches thats only 18 people with multiple accounts. maybe some of those just log in and log out endlessly on WIS or were using the www. and non www. version of whatifsports.com so they aren't noticing it. i don't know but i figure they didn't make that number up but also can't see it being accurate...
8/12/2015 12:08 PM
at times, my office has blocked the regular address, but wisjournal and the cinncy thing have worked.  Constantly evolving list of IT blocks.  

I think the 0.6% in the quoted language is speaking about the % of users who go wisjournal etc
8/12/2015 1:44 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/12/2015 12:08:00 PM (view original):
also is it really just 0.6% of users who use multiple accounts? that seems much lower than i would expect. if there are like 3,000 HD coaches thats only 18 people with multiple accounts. maybe some of those just log in and log out endlessly on WIS or were using the www. and non www. version of whatifsports.com so they aren't noticing it. i don't know but i figure they didn't make that number up but also can't see it being accurate...
he said "domains" and not accounts.  I assume that is something different?  I think that's too low as well on number of users with multiple accounts.
8/12/2015 2:53 PM
well he said of users or something... i am just thinking like, what does that figure mean? people with multiple accounts generally use the heck out of those alternate pages, i would have expected more than 0.6%. but yeah its not accounts. im just trying to draw a connection to something i guess.

my guess is he's actually going off of page views - that whatifsports.com gets way more hits in their access logs or similar than the other mirrors do. that would make sense and allow for a lot more than 0.6% of people to have multiple accounts...

anyway for folks trying to get around this for multiple teams, if you make the effort to get your session logged in to the non www. version (https://whatifsports.com) once you are in, it lets you stay there. for me i had to delete the www. like 2-3 times to get all the way in to the right team but once there you can browse around normally. i use chrome so that will be my 2 accounts and then firefox is going to only be used for 2 more. got a 5th team i co-coach to squeeze in somewhere but basically i would quit those teams rather than log in and log out every single time, so ill just leave the 2 browsers open and its really not a big deal. you can install multiple versions of the same browser if you prefer to stick in 1 browser type for everything, just might have to play with the locations used for cookies or something to get it to work right. i might even get palemoon for my 5th team, been hearing good things, could be a good way to give it a try. but at least for now im set up just fine on 4 teams
8/12/2015 3:31 PM
I have sent in a ticket to tell them that there needs to be a new mirror site or that they will be losing a longtime customer. I know it probably won't do anything but I would encourage everyone affected by this to do the same.
8/12/2015 4:49 PM
Im totally at a loss as to why this matters. I always just login at their main site. I didnt even know there were mirrored sites until now. I dont get the big deal here but maybe it matters for people who have multiple accounts. I have one account. 
8/12/2015 5:10 PM
1|2|3...25 Next ▸
whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.