Questions: Batter Fatigue Cap in Extended PA Games Topic

I've been informed (or reminded) that for fatigue, players are capped at 6 PA's counting against their PA/162. I have questions about that.

1. Does this count-up by position in the batting order, or by individual players? (Ex.: If Alan Ashby leads off and collects 6 PA's, then Bill Buckner substitutes for him and collects another 3 PA's, do they all count against their respective fatigue numbers, rather than Ashby only collecting 6 against his fatigue if he'd stayed in the game and collected 9 PA's?)

2. Does this count for extra-inning games, or it triggered only during games in which the opposing pitcher is fatigued?  (I'd guess the former, but don't know.)
8/15/2015 1:55 PM
This is all I can find:

We wanted to lay out the features for the next SimLeague Baseball update. The update will be released Wednesday, October 14th.

After we list the features, we'll explain how they impact league play.

• 2009 Players and Teams
  • Relative fielding percentage (similar to how we do relative range factor)
  • Able to view and filter relative range factor and relative fielding percentage in the player search
  • Corrections to log5 values in player search where lower is better (think OAV#, etc.)
  • New salary formula (adjustments for pitcher hitting, relative fielding percentage, hitter/pitcher balance, PA cap, catcher Arm, etc.)
  • Adjustment to the Tournament of Champions payout to a $150 - $50 - $25 - $25 structure
  • New minimum IP/162 and PA/162 for non-theme leagues. These will be enforced at the time of draft, waivers and trades.
  • A cap on plate appearances per game will be introduced so only the first 6 PA in a game will count toward seasonal fatigue
  • Improvements to the +/- distribution
  • Improvements to the rate of triples hit
  • Adjustments to the effects fatigue has on performance
  • New theme commish page (with CSV) including actual stats of all players in league by team to help with policing and verifying teams
  • Player name and season broken apart into two columns on several pages to help with CSV exporting
  • Progressive League Play: first year players are now eligible for the ROY
  • Progressive League Play: new career totals and career leaders to Team Stats and League Leaders
  • Progressive League Play: new page for career team and owner records
  • Lineup page now maintains attemped settings rather than reset to active after a failed save
8/15/2015 3:58 PM
I assume the answers to your questions are:

-- Individual players
-- All games, regardless of reason

But I can't say definitively.
8/15/2015 3:59 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks and thanks. I'd guess those are the answers too. The first of those answers can throw a monkey wrench into the idea of resting players with low-PA substitutes when one has a big lead!
8/15/2015 10:38 PM (edited)
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 8/15/2015 1:55:00 PM (view original):
I've been informed (or reminded) that for fatigue, players are capped at 6 PA's counting against their PA/162. I have questions about that.

1. Does this count-up by position in the batting order, or by individual players? (Ex.: If Alan Ashby leads off and collects 6 PA's, then Bill Buckner substitutes for him and collects another 3 PA's, do they all count against their respective fatigue numbers, rather than Ashby only collecting 6 against his fatigue if he'd stayed in the game and collected 9 PA's?)

2. Does this count for extra-inning games, or it triggered only during games in which the opposing pitcher is fatigued?  (I'd guess the former, but don't know.)
1) It appears the fatigue cap would apply only to the player and not the position. Observation only, but believe true

2) have calculated the effect on fatigue and plate appearances on spot check basis and am certain it applies it's triggered in any game situation, regardless of innings or if opposing pitcher is fatigued.
8/17/2015 11:57 AM
Questions: Batter Fatigue Cap in Extended PA Games Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.