Besides BH and PA, what do you value more in a PG- SP, FT, or Def?
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=14324
I have Morrell or Graham I'm thinking for PG the other would play SF.

8/27/2015 4:07 PM
FT...always FT...no matter what.
8/27/2015 4:15 PM
At this point it's Graham at PG (although he'd be the better SF too).   Looking at that team playing zone...you're missing a true PG and anything resembling a zone C.   My recent experience tells me that teams suffer horribly for lack of a PG with very strong passing (which you haven't got) and zone teams really struggle without someone inside with very strong REB & SB.  

Just saying: I think you need to hope you can find both during recruiting.  To me, those are starts that are open to be promised out during recruiting.   I'd prefer to move Graham to SF (in a 3-2) and bring Morrell off the bench.
8/27/2015 4:59 PM
Personally, I'd start Morell at the 1, Graham at the 2, and Hardman at the 3.
8/27/2015 5:48 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/27/2015 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Personally, I'd start Morell at the 1, Graham at the 2, and Hardman at the 3.
Hmmmm. I was really liking Hardman at the 2. With his low def why would you like him at the 3 dahs? He has the sp and per for the 2. Just wondering you thought.
8/27/2015 7:05 PM
Posted by rogelio on 8/27/2015 4:59:00 PM (view original):
At this point it's Graham at PG (although he'd be the better SF too).   Looking at that team playing zone...you're missing a true PG and anything resembling a zone C.   My recent experience tells me that teams suffer horribly for lack of a PG with very strong passing (which you haven't got) and zone teams really struggle without someone inside with very strong REB & SB.  

Just saying: I think you need to hope you can find both during recruiting.  To me, those are starts that are open to be promised out during recruiting.   I'd prefer to move Graham to SF (in a 3-2) and bring Morrell off the bench.
Yeah, I know my bigs are weak. I had great bigs the last couple seasons, but all graduated. Morrell off bench if I find good pg? I'll be looking for juco pg and juco big man in recruiting. 70 bh 70p is what to look for at DII right?
8/27/2015 7:09 PM
70 speed, 70 BH and 70 pass as minimums in d2
8/27/2015 10:47 PM
The first reason I immediately wanted to put Hardman at the 3 is because he has great PER but not really the BH you'd want from a high-volume shooter at the 2.  His TO will be higher than you'd like anywhere, probably, but much moreso at the 2 than the 3.  Then, he also has the best REB of any of your guards, so if you're gonna start a guard at the 3, he's the only one on your roster with enough REB to at least help support your subpar rebounding frontcourt.  Finally, I love that it puts Graham at the 2.  I'd say more teams have their top scorer at the SG position than any other, by a fairly comfortable margin, in D2 and D3.  So having your best defender at the 2 is a bonus.
8/28/2015 10:43 AM
Since it looks like you play zone, it would be nice to have have Graham at the 3.  You could consider switching them if you were playing a 2-3 against a heavily inside-scoring offense.
8/28/2015 10:44 AM
Dahs points are good, but not about defense.  It's a zone team.   The rebounding probably helps and is weighted by position, but not defense.   If Morell had Graham by a few more points of Passing, then he's the PG, but that A- vs. C+ FT shooting, plus the 13 points of Speed and 35 points of LP, just means that it would be better to have the ball in Graham's hands, than Morell.

Find me a guard that will enter the CT at TJ's minimums and Graham gets moved to the 2 or 3.  If you move Hardman to the 3, then a guy like Sucharzewski can be the 4 in a 2-3 and the defense will be fine, but I think you would get annihilated on the boards.  Might as well change positions officially.  Cowley is your C and Sucharzewski cannot be played at the 5 under any circumstances.   You might as well admit that, notwithstanding the awesome ATH & DEF, he's a PF or even a SF.   I don't even like him at the 4 in a 3-2.
8/28/2015 11:00 AM
Why can Sucharzewski play at the 4 and not the 5?  You know that the rebounding coefficients for PF and C are identical now, right?
8/28/2015 1:57 PM
You tell me.  Is that true?  I had always understood that the rebounding odds varied by each position (a C more likely than a PF and so on).  Perhaps that is only reflected in the likelihood that an individual is assigned the "team" rebound (which is already determined).  The thing that I have no doubt about is that zone teams suffer from a discount on their rebounding chances compared to man or even press.

I am also aware that there is some nebulous "individual matchup" component to the rebounding chances.  If that is applied only after the team rebound is assigned, then it doesn't matter, but if it has any application in advance, then even a 98 ATH/40 REB guy has got to be at a huge disadvantage (in zone) to, say, a 65 ATH/ 90 REB guy (if applied by position played).

Admittedly, I don't have ironclad evidence, but I do believe that BLK is a more significant rating in a zone than in other defenses.  Although the DEF ratings on that team are high, I think that it is going to give up a higher 2pt efficiency given that no one has even a decent BLK rating.  

I tend to look at REB & BLK ratings to decide where someone plays in a zone.  That guy has poor enough REB & BLK to get shifted to SF.  With a 27 BLK and a 40 REB, I think playing him at the 4 in a 3-2 may even be a mistake.  Are you playing that guy as the C in a 2-3?   I see either as failing to utilize what that guy can do for a team.
8/28/2015 3:02 PM
Sucharzewski will never play the 5 no matter what I run 2-3 or 3-2.  If I find a juco PF than he will go to the 3 and back up at the 4
8/28/2015 4:55 PM
You can win without a good pg, but it's tough. I really think a 90 passing PG is a game changer. When I check for PG, these are the most important stats for me in order

ATH-SPD-DEF-PAS-BH-PER...
8/28/2015 5:25 PM
Wow, I would go PASS-SPD-BH-DEF-ATH-PER or LP-FT
8/28/2015 6:00 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.