If you are writing for a blog this season or would like to become a writer for the new website, send me a sitemail by Sunday evening. 
8/27/2015 11:05 PM
I can't commit to it, necessarily, for this upcoming season, but I could contribute a pre-season all-division Media Guide. I used to do this a long time ago. I'd probably need some help with the data dump (formatting, etc). I'm thinking something like this:

Team Rankings
Conf Rankings
Recruiting Class Rankings
Top 25 Recruits, by Position
Top 25 Players, by Position

That stuff is already built in to my spreadsheets. I'm also thinking some extras could relatively easily be added like:

Strength of Schedule Rankings
All-American Teams (1st - 3rd teams)
*whatever else people can dream up that I could automate*

The key is that I can't spend too much time on it. I've got this all basically automated and adding a few more tasks wouldn't be that difficult. I like what you've got going on over here - it's absolutely what keeps GD interesting. When I've been most engaged in GD was when there was the most community involvement. When Dobie opened, that initial rush to the top and all of the attention and contributions that went it to it were absolutely amazing.
8/28/2015 7:06 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 8/28/2015 7:06:00 PM (view original):
I can't commit to it, necessarily, for this upcoming season, but I could contribute a pre-season all-division Media Guide. I used to do this a long time ago. I'd probably need some help with the data dump (formatting, etc). I'm thinking something like this:

Team Rankings
Conf Rankings
Recruiting Class Rankings
Top 25 Recruits, by Position
Top 25 Players, by Position

That stuff is already built in to my spreadsheets. I'm also thinking some extras could relatively easily be added like:

Strength of Schedule Rankings
All-American Teams (1st - 3rd teams)
*whatever else people can dream up that I could automate*

The key is that I can't spend too much time on it. I've got this all basically automated and adding a few more tasks wouldn't be that difficult. I like what you've got going on over here - it's absolutely what keeps GD interesting. When I've been most engaged in GD was when there was the most community involvement. When Dobie opened, that initial rush to the top and all of the attention and contributions that went it to it were absolutely amazing.
This would be absolutely great if you have the time. I think I remember that guide actually. Were you the one who first invented the "helmet" idea? I remember there being some website where the top 5 teams got a helmet next to their name and that was a big deal. 
8/28/2015 11:27 PM
No, that was paranoid0 with the helmets. My stuff never looked so polished.

I love doing this stuff, but family commitments keep it from taking over my time. So that's why automation is my friend.
8/29/2015 1:36 AM
Ooops. That was me (the vhoward415 response).

Vince - the real vhoward415 - has left the game and asked me to run his teams while his last seasons were running out. I wanted to get into Wilkinson, but didn't really feel like going up through the ranks, so I used his account to get directly into D-IAA.
8/29/2015 10:49 AM
I'm glad you came into Wilkinson even if under a different user name GT, and your additions to the web page sound great! Wilkinson World, especially D1AA, just continues to grow and get stronger and more competitive.
8/29/2015 4:32 PM
Posted by pete_61 on 8/29/2015 4:32:00 PM (view original):
I'm glad you came into Wilkinson even if under a different user name GT, and your additions to the web page sound great! Wilkinson World, especially D1AA, just continues to grow and get stronger and more competitive.
Thanks, pete. It's good to be here and partake in the amazing community that Wilkinson has established.

I've got the All-American teams implemented and tested. Working on the Strength of Schedule today... it's mostly working, but still a few small kinks to clear out. Everything should be ready for this season's results. I don't know about getting them onto Wilkinson Central (who is the contact for that?), but I can at least post here in the forums.
9/1/2015 12:42 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 9/1/2015 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Thanks, pete. It's good to be here and partake in the amazing community that Wilkinson has established.

I've got the All-American teams implemented and tested. Working on the Strength of Schedule today... it's mostly working, but still a few small kinks to clear out. Everything should be ready for this season's results. I don't know about getting them onto Wilkinson Central (who is the contact for that?), but I can at least post here in the forums.
That person is me! Let me send you a sitemail and we'll get it on the site. Sill working out a few kinks. 
9/1/2015 2:40 PM
Posted by cjsweat on 9/1/2015 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 9/1/2015 12:42:00 PM (view original):

That person is me! Let me send you a sitemail and we'll get it on the site. Sill working out a few kinks. 
Got the SoS code ironed out this morning and tested. Everything looks good to go for tomorrow's release.

I'll look for your sitemail and we can talk formatting, uploading, etc. 
9/1/2015 3:30 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.