Help against FCP Topic

I always thought Ath, Def, IQ was what you need for FCP. Yes greenhawks is a good coach, but I have 8 upperclassmen, if you include Spiers as a redshirt SO, and he has 4.https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=12285727.
I don't think I should of had 28 TO's. I know that's why I lost, but my IQ and Def ratings were better. I don't understand this team. Did his def out weigh my poor PA and BH. If so than why did shot well against me and my def ratings are real good. Also what line up would you go with. crzyballplay has been helping, but looking for what others think. What is going on with team.
My lineup: PG Crites, R. Williams; SG T. Williams, Spiers; SF Human, Elders; PF Boyd, Findlay; C Keys, Findlay.
Distro:  T. Williams 16, Human 12, Elder 10, Spiers 10, Boyd 11, Crites 7, R. Williams 6, Sosa 4, Wilson 2.
Anything you would do different. I think I should be better than this and I don't understand why 
8/28/2015 8:41 PM
Box Score

I believe SPD is more important than ath in FCP.  I am trying to find the thread, I'm pretty sure there was a good discussion on this just recently

Thread

Personally you gameplanned perfectly against yourself.  You ran uptempo fastbreak into a press(while not playing press yourself so you dont really drain his stamina) and his spd adv combined with your uptempo is what caused the turnover problem.  I think at D2 for the fastbreak to really be effective you need a distict ath and or spd advantage which you didn't have.

Even with the upperclassmen adv you have little big men and played a bunch of underclassmen big men whereas greenhawks has 3 upperclassmen big men.

8/28/2015 9:07 PM (edited)
But he only played 3 big men. His 1 big man was a back up for bithbthe 4 and 5. I ran up tempo because of my depth advantage and his weak def rating. Also my top scorer onky played 18 minutes without foul trouble
8/28/2015 9:19 PM
You did get his 2 starters into stamina trouble, but you also had one guy Stewart also in big stamina trouble.  What weak defense are you talking about?  If anything it's only above average and he has great spd.  Is it fairly fresh stamina settings?

8/28/2015 9:36 PM
terps your top scorer only played 18 min because his stam in only 68 and you running uptempo and his fcp probably cause that. also if your looking at his team ave and saying his def is weak you need to take the walkon he has out of the equation. His ath spd and de ratings are 3 points high if you discount the walkon.

I don't think his DE is as bad as it looks either. His worse 3 are freshman that only played 10 min ea and his next worse 1 one is a pg 57 but his 96 spd and 73 ath help him. the rest of his team that being 7 players are all over 64. I know 64 isn't great in D2 but it isn't that bad depending on ath and spd.

8/28/2015 9:58 PM
I guess my biggest problem cmac is that I worked hard to get my overall def rating to 70. Take away Sosa who I rarely play and it is 72. I have 8 upperclassmen which is real good IQ. So what else am I missing, high IQ and real good def ratings, half of my guys are close to the 70 ath 70 sp threshold. Is the main reason I lost is because of low pass and bh ratings and went up tempo into his FCP?
8/29/2015 10:45 AM
8/29/2015 11:57 AM
Terps I feel your pain many times myself. I believe you should have won that first game that last game is a tough one also with your ath and de you would think the other team would struggle more scoring. I do not play D1 and from what I read it a different game so to keep from saying something I know nothing about I'll just keep quit and hopefully someone who knows will teach me something also.
8/30/2015 12:00 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 8/29/2015 11:57:00 AM (view original):
I lose again.  https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=12288464.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG
Random thoughts. Feel free to ignore.

1) You played a tough team
2) Your team LP makes you vulnerable to the +3. Maybe get Human more distro.
3) Dial down Elder's 3 pt shooting to -1
4) they went 19-21 at the line. Trust your D more to go 0.

8/30/2015 3:16 PM
In that first game, going uptempo was a mistake. So Your starting guards weren't in long enough and Elder killed you with his 8 TOs. And again, you got +3'd. You got to the line, but his team shot well from the line. Bellarmine's starting guards are very fast.

In this game you were better rebounders and his scoring is very guard heavy. Don't see a need to go minus on D.

Dial Elder down.

Dial Boyd up with some distro.
8/30/2015 3:43 PM (edited)
Posted by jaxorbetter on 8/30/2015 3:43:00 PM (view original):
In that first game, going uptempo was a mistake. So Your starting guards weren't in long enough and Elder killed you with his 8 TOs. And again, you got +3'd. You got to the line, but his team shot well from the line. Bellarmine's starting guards are very fast.

In this game you were better rebounders and his scoring is very guard heavy. Don't see a need to go minus on D.

Dial Elder down.

Dial Boyd up with some distro.
Ok. Thank you. I went minus because my reb sucks. I will dial elder down and put Boyd up a little. With the first game why was going uptempo a mistake? I had the depth and the def, I thought, to go uptempo. Do yiu think I tired my own guys out.
8/30/2015 7:38 PM (edited)
Posted by cmac4567 on 8/30/2015 12:00:00 PM (view original):
Terps I feel your pain many times myself. I believe you should have won that first game that last game is a tough one also with your ath and de you would think the other team would struggle more scoring. I do not play D1 and from what I read it a different game so to keep from saying something I know nothing about I'll just keep quit and hopefully someone who knows will teach me something also.
Thanks. You input is always welcome. This is DII
8/30/2015 7:40 PM
Help against FCP Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.