Joining a new world Topic

If you move to a different world, or add an additional team in another world, do you need to start at div 3 and work your way up again?
8/29/2015 8:01 AM
Yes, sadly.
8/29/2015 8:04 AM
That's not sad. If it were not true, all noobs would go to D1A. But I admit it would be different if experience in other worlds mattered.
8/29/2015 8:24 AM
Posted by badaxe on 8/29/2015 8:24:00 AM (view original):
That's not sad. If it were not true, all noobs would go to D1A. But I admit it would be different if experience in other worlds mattered.
But noobs couldn't start in D1 unless they had D1 experience in another world, which to me means they aren's noobs. Beyond that, I don't see why this change couldn't work. For one, it would at least make it easier for D1 to fill up in a particular world. It's a pretty tall order trying to recruit new users to a world's D1 when it means it's going to be many seasons before some of them can even get to that level. 
8/29/2015 4:09 PM

8/29/2015 7:02 PM
It needs to stay how it is. You should have to work your way up to D-1A in each world. 
8/29/2015 7:54 PM
Posted by tampafla on 8/29/2015 7:54:00 PM (view original):
It needs to stay how it is. You should have to work your way up to D-1A in each world. 
But why? Right now there is an active deterrent to joining a world I have never played in before. Why would I ever pay money for dumbed-down D3 just to get into a mostly empty world? And then from there have to play multiple seasons at various levels against mostly simAI's for the honor of getting into a mostly empty D1? That's basically a non-paying data entry job. 
8/30/2015 1:39 PM
I agree. Once you have played a season of d3 in any world , why not allow the user to choose d2 in any other world. One problem GD has is filling upper levels so why not make it easier ? It don't make sense to me .
8/30/2015 3:30 PM
I mentioned this idea before,but I think it would be interesting to detach D3 from all worlds. This would leave D3-only  'floating' worlds for beginners; they would be fewer in number, but also contain a higher percentage of human coaches. When a coach decides to leave D3 he can then take his resume to any other world and apply for D2,
One downside is for the D3 'lifers' that want to stay at their favorite D3 school, but with the recent dumbing-down at D3 you might see fewer of those guys. And clearly they now treat D3 differently anyway.

8/30/2015 3:41 PM
Hypno, I support this 100 percent. If they are going to treat D3 as a dumb - downed version for newbies, this makes total sense.
8/30/2015 8:04 PM
I will take it a step further and say: Whenever a coach has been at any level in any world , he should be able to advance to the next level in any other world !
And once he has one level played in  1A in any world, he should be allowed to jump levels and go to any level he wants in any world with out doing it a step at a time.

8/31/2015 3:29 AM
I think owners who get 'line jumped' would be really frustrated though - you're grinding up through the divisions, trying to reach your alma mater elite at D1, and then someone from a completely different world comes out of nowhere to fill the spot. Maybe if it was always set up that way it wouldn't be a big deal but I can see it bugging people now.
8/31/2015 6:22 AM
Posted by mojolad on 8/31/2015 3:29:00 AM (view original):
I will take it a step further and say: Whenever a coach has been at any level in any world , he should be able to advance to the next level in any other world !
And once he has one level played in  1A in any world, he should be allowed to jump levels and go to any level he wants in any world with out doing it a step at a time.

This is a terrible idea.
8/31/2015 11:08 AM
Posted by hypnotoad on 8/31/2015 6:22:00 AM (view original):
I think owners who get 'line jumped' would be really frustrated though - you're grinding up through the divisions, trying to reach your alma mater elite at D1, and then someone from a completely different world comes out of nowhere to fill the spot. Maybe if it was always set up that way it wouldn't be a big deal but I can see it bugging people now.
But all they have to do is become d1 eligible in that world and then they could move to their alma mater in another world. I guess I don't see how this is any different than the time I had my eye on a d1 team that was taken the season before I could grab it after moving up the levels from d3. It happens.
8/31/2015 12:20 PM
The pool of potential applicants just increased. Your world is an enclosed system with x number of qualified applicants; now it will have 8x the number of applicants (or however many worlds there are). Yes, your targets increase by the same number, but you may like Rockne or Camp better than the other worlds and don't want to switch out.
8/31/2015 12:40 PM
12 Next ▸
Joining a new world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.