Looking for opinions on how much of a talent gap makes up for the lack of formation IQ? 
9/2/2015 12:57 PM
I can't speak for that detail, but giving freshmen playing time will result in much better juniors and seniors. If you know you're going to take your lumps, play the frosh.
9/2/2015 1:11 PM
I agree with hypnotoad. If you are know you aren't going to make the playoffs, then playing more talented freshman will only help them increase their attributes ; making for more talented upper classmen.   Of course big part of that is what is potential of the freshman and what pot of older players.
9/2/2015 4:29 PM
let's say i want to win this season. is it a better move to play a more talented freshman with bad formation IQ or a less talented sophomore/junior with higher formation IQ? 
9/3/2015 11:26 AM
At QB, it depends on the difference in ratings vs the difference in formation IQ. Generally, freshman and sophomore QBs will throw a lot of interceptions.

At any other position, go with the highest rated player. Period.
9/3/2015 1:57 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 9/3/2015 1:57:00 PM (view original):
At QB, it depends on the difference in ratings vs the difference in formation IQ. Generally, freshman and sophomore QBs will throw a lot of interceptions.

At any other position, go with the highest rated player. Period.
Agreed. I have found that with QB's, an utterly mediocre junior or senior with with high formation IQ (think simAI leftover) can outperform a highly rated freshman. The freshman might complete more passes but the insane interceptions negate that. 
9/3/2015 2:28 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.