It appears so. He told me he had too much on his plate and that he 6 other teams or something.  Its going to be interesting for the teams still in battles with notredame considering simai has an endless  money pool. At this stage of recruiting most times are winding down on there $ supply to boot. 
10/9/2015 7:04 AM
This is absolute BULLSHIT. Esf was overextended, in too many battles for elite players. That is the very reason why I challenged him for a RB in my 180. Bc I know he is battling akite and tigerpark, and ****** at them, I wait for him to drain his money battling them. I gradually add effort to the RB, then take the lead on 10/8 at 3am. He never regains the lead. I'm convinced he's either out of money, or using it to battle those two instead. Then Iearn that I the middle of signings, customer service removed him from ND, turning ND SIMAI with unlimited cash to keep spending until he signs with someone. This morning I get an email that he signed with ND. I never even got a scholarship message that I was trailing. Apparently akite sent in a ticket about this issue and customer service was unwilling to do anything. Customer service has violated the integrity of this game. If this had been SIMAI the whole time, first of all my $62k promised start and 75% would have knocked him off before signings, but you can't just change the rules during the middle of signings. That's what my 6 year old tries to do when he's losing a game. I call him on it every time, and I'm calling WIS out on this. WIS - you're unwilling to correct this? WELL I'M UNWILLING TO PAY FOR A PRODUCT WHERE YOU HAVE BETRAYED THE GAME'S INTEGRITY. WIS should NOT have removed esf from Notre Dame simply because he was upset that he got overextend in battling 2 schools and 3 other schools smelled blood in the water. I have often battled esf over the seasons. But I pick my targets carefully I battles I think I can win, such as this one. It is BULLSHIT to turn ND to SIMAI and completely change the dynamic after the signing cycles began.
10/9/2015 9:36 AM
Typical Customer Service response:
10/9/2015 10:39 AM Customer Support
Hi David,

Unfortunately, we cannot remove any recruiting already done by esf0242, nor can we adjust how the SimAI will handle recruiting from here on out.

Thank you.

First of all, I never asked them to undo esf0242's recruiting efforts - only the SIM's.  It's bullshit that Notre Dame had more money to spend after already blowing through his budget of approx. $342K, to then become SIMAI and have unlimited resources.  Where was the fire that they had to remove esf from the team and convert it to SIMAI in the middle of the signing cycles?  What was the emergency there???

10/9/2015 11:06 AM
Have to agree with you here, this is some strong BS.
10/9/2015 11:16 AM
WIS management is like a joint, the more you suck the higher you get.
10/9/2015 12:24 PM
I agree, that is inexcusable on their part. Very poor decision on WIS part.
10/9/2015 1:30 PM
WIS was in kind of a can't-win situation here, both potential approaches had negatives. But considering how many players are impacted by this sudden retirement, a general statement from Admin would be in order.
10/9/2015 2:10 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/9/2015 2:10:00 PM (view original):
WIS was in kind of a can't-win situation here, both potential approaches had negatives. But considering how many players are impacted by this sudden retirement, a general statement from Admin would be in order.
If it were my company I would have told ESF that I will cut him loose(fully refunded) right after recruiting ends. Because if it were my company I would know how every aspect of my company worked and I would have understood the consequences of my actions.

How is it as "can't-win" situation? What do you mean by that?
10/9/2015 2:30 PM
You cast the vote.  Is WIS being truthful, or are they trying to take the easy way out, and hope that I just go away?

0/9/2015 2:53 PM Customer Support
Hi David,

SimAI did not do any recruiting once the user was removed from the team and we have verified it. User removals are are but there are certain cases where it is done. It should not affect recruiting but we'll verify that. Thank you for the feedback.

10/9/2015 2:58 PM hawkfan1992
Thank you - but I believe you must be looking at the wrong player. If that is the case, it is not possible for him to sign with ND. Also, I don't know what you message means, when you say "User removals are are but there are certain cases where it is done."

This was the last scholarship message sent, so how did he go from me being in the lead to ND signing him without any further message or further recruiting effort???:

To: Coach hawkfan1992

Subject: Undecided

Sent: 10/8/15 3:08AM
Coach,

I'm close to reaching a decision and I'm leaning your way. I just need a little more time to make sure I'm making the right decision.

10/9/2015 3:05 PM
Is WIS being truthful, taking the easy way out, or lying?

Votes: 28
(Last vote received: 2/11/2017 1:01 PM)
10/9/2015 3:07 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 10/9/2015 2:30:00 PM (view original):
If it were my company I would have told ESF that I will cut him loose(fully refunded) right after recruiting ends. Because if it were my company I would know how every aspect of my company worked and I would have understood the consequences of my actions.

Either route means you're messing with a recruiting strategy midstream. If esf just languishes for a few days doing nothing right around signing day, that distorts the results too. Whether that matters is for you to decide.
10/9/2015 3:13 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/9/2015 3:13:00 PM (view original):

Either route means you're messing with a recruiting strategy midstream. If esf just languishes for a few days doing nothing right around signing day, that distorts the results too. Whether that matters is for you to decide.
Yeah but, ESF was broke. He didn't start complaining until he realized he was beat. His initial response was something to the effect of, "he messed with the wrong guy now". He fought back with me for at least 12 cycles. Giving up and quitting was his final solution.<br /> <br /> <br />
10/9/2015 4:11 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/9/2015 3:13:00 PM (view original):

Kcsundevil - I appreciate you trying to play devil's advocate (no pun intended), but MANY people get frustrated, languish a few days, and do nothing around signing day.  It's called running out of money.  Or frustration, or whatever you want to call it.  But by WIS giving into the person who screamed the loudest, without regard for the ramifications to other players while a process was still pending, did a disservice to this game.  This is NOT how the game was intended to be played.  If it is, then why not allow me to do the same thing next season?  I'll just tell WIS that 52 hours after the signing cycle begins, after I've spent all my recruiting budget, I'd like SIMAI to take over my recruiting and start spending money on any battles that are still pending, even though I've blown all my cash.  Then, after signings are done and simmy has nabbed a few more players this way, allow me to reclaim my team.  That should be fair, right?  NO.  Not fair because it adversely impacts other who have nothing to do with this.  Do you see what I'm saying here man?? This is not what is supposed to happen.  Not only will WIS not do anything to make this right, THEY WON'T EVEN ADMIT THAT ANYTHING WENT WRONG HERE.  Business as usual.
10/9/2015 4:31 PM
FWIW i asked out at *edit 9:14 am before 24 hrs had elapsed for open season after i first posted "this is so transparent" etc etc at midnight that first day and sent in the ticket .....i did not (or at least im pretty sure i did not) repeat that request since then. (ticket is closed so icant research that) I was shocked that they did it & certainly at the time they did it, i figured if anything it would have happened after signings or not at all.  I apologize again for the way this is all turning out.

62k on the rb? wow i did 27 or 29k w/ 75% pt  from the start & added a soph start when you came on board to take the lead after initial signings - that sux
10/9/2015 7:54 PM (edited)
but i really have little sympathy for you all if your getting hosed right now following the admittance that you all ganged up for the "blood in the water"...it's like a wrath of khan moment lol
10/9/2015 5:15 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.