not for nothing, as i try to distance myself from this, but again you are broadcasting your knowledge of what i told him......which "IMO" and apparently my opinion only further demonstrates you gained a considerable advantage you capitalized on - good for you, bad for me, as i said in our site mail i was stupid to reveal so much in my "mentoring" with him. thats on me. what he did with that info however is what i've been incensed about & perhaps its a lot to do with my own self assessment that i was an idiot for reaching out. i should have let it be following that OL thing. my bad - you are a good recruiter you didnt need that info but i think you used it, - no matter, its over for me, GL
10/9/2015 10:26 PM
im not mcbeth, im not cbrake - but i am a damn good coach. and to think my completely honest opening of my approach to him was somehow "erroneous" bad info...well between esf0242 & jmcgarry i have a fairly respectable track record in this game. you trashing me is what ****** me off most man.

311 seasons

3866-862 (0.818)

134 CC’s

24 NC’s

can you touch that?

no

10/9/2015 10:39 PM
Did you think you would GAIN respect by posting your last message? LOL.
10/9/2015 10:46 PM
no i m just ticked - idgaf what u think 
10/9/2015 10:47 PM
Stop digging.
10/9/2015 10:53 PM
you are right of course. i apologize. but perhaps not offer the shovel
10/9/2015 11:02 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 10/9/2015 6:48:00 PM (view original):
just so i can clear the page & move on - the earlier post by hawkfan1992 

This is absolute BULLSHIT. Esf was overextended, in too many battles for elite players. That is the very reason why I challenged him for a RB in my 180

his sitemail to me:

To:
esf0242
Received:
10/7/2015 11:56:00 AM
Subject:
Leahy
Hey esf - I'm one of the ones that jumped on a recruit. Sorry about that - sort of. I actually had NOT read the CC or the forum until after I was already being considered. I had given that guy 28 scout trips and he STILL rejected over 30 CVs before he finally started accepting my recruiting effort. So for me, it was just blind luck that I ended up being considered when I did.

so maybe not so sorry & accidental huh

Esf - there is nothing inconsistent about these quotes. I noticed you were in 2 battles with akite, 1 with tigerpark and 1 with beardie. Since I know how all of those guys recruit, those 5 battles alone told me you were overextended, so I tried to go after the RB in my 180 who was highest rated with the highest potential. Apparently you were in a lot more battles. Eventually I was considered, and then I read all the accusations you posted about tigerpark and akite being the same person. So yeah, I was a little sorry for you when I sitemailed you, thinking you may be the victim of collusion. When tigerpark initially posted on the CC, it was to encourage OSU and Tennessee to come after your recruits, which seemed to lend some support to your theory of collusion. Am I sorry now? No. Now I don't believe you were the victim of anything other than multiple players trying to hold their ground against you the same season. It happens. Just happened to me in HD. None of this has anything to do with the fact that after you left ND, with no money, SIMAI came in and was able to overtake me, even though ND was out of money, despite CS telling me SIMAI made no recruiting efforts. A recruit does not switch what school he is leaning towards when neither side is putting forth more effort.
10/10/2015 12:56 AM
again - fine its OK by me, i dispute the "it was all on the up & up stuff " as i have laid out here in detail...i had only 3 yellows as of 9pm first day out of 18 & rest green all reasonable to expect i could effort to my advantage - then 12pm comes & its 4 mich yellows & 4 illinois yellows to add to what i had....simultaneously...after that all bets are off if you follow the premise of the info sharing - im already dead. your OK man - fight on trojan
10/10/2015 1:05 AM
but again to hopefully put this to bed - its over & they did nothing wrong & i left a 2 time NC appearing ND squad b/c im a crybaby who was facing the untenable situation of cutting 6 sims over the next two years & that's just unbearable, right? please let's let this thread die & go about our lives
10/10/2015 1:10 AM
i have 3 Gator teams under my ownership. I am constantly fighting UM & FSU in each for recruits they more often than not destroy me. In Camp 2 seasons ago i lost 8 battles to FSU and took all sims. but in none of those cases had i shared my philosophy to one of those owners & subsequently have them share it to my chief recruiting rival and have them both go for 4 DIFFERENT guys each to drain me. In all 3 i stay the course & chalk it up to do better next cycle - apparently i am the only one who viewed this as particularly coordinated & for crying out loud corroborated that they shared the info!.....i could have withstood cutting sims 3 a year until i was clear of the issue IF it was just bad luck. but i maintain i dont think that to be the case, But whatever happens to you guys who jumped in late to try to advantage i say good riddance. You thought easy pickin's & turns out perhaps tables turned - touche!

10/10/2015 1:30 AM
i asked out before you all jumped in, a full day before signings even started - on the RB i lead after signings started & you kept going.....i had no weight in the timing, it happened as a surprise to me, but hey ...good luck
10/10/2015 1:34 AM
You've never done that, right? You've never gone after a top prospect in Cedar Rapids after seeing me in multiple battles. Puhleeeeze with the high and mighty. Good riddance TO YOU.
10/10/2015 1:37 AM
it was never about your situation regardless of what you might think now. i find i keep digging as shumacher pointed out & i need to stop. i am sorry for the hurt feelings seriously, you are real good coach to do what you have at iowa and we had some great matchups - im sad its coming down to bickering & i hope you can forgive me
10/10/2015 3:25 AM
What is truly sad is that in the Michigan/Notre Dame shared 180, these are the results of the signings.
Notre Dame signed: Darrell Harrington, Benjamin Cotton, Willie Fleming, Herbert White, and Richard Reid. 
Michigan signed: Frank Gutierez, Maurice Frank, Richard Harris, Gregory Ayers, Joshua Smith, and Charles lawrence.

ND signs 5 and Michigan signs 6. Michigan battled for 4 of the six recruits. This means that ND targeted 9 of the 11 recruits in the Mich/ND shared 180. 
What was I supposed to do?
10/10/2015 8:41 AM

In the Ill/ND shared 180: 

Notre Dame: Carlos Bolton, Gary William, James Cole

Illinois: Christopher Nelson, Edward Oliver, Donald Rogers, Robert Chung, Melvin Ortiz

In all fairness though I don’t have a clue who they actually battled for here. A few of those recruits that Ill signed are not of the caliber of ND.

10/10/2015 8:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.